A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: Lost World

If you mean in that it has a "run button" unless I've read it wrong it just means the same thing as a 2d Mario games, a run button that speeds up how fast you're already going but you're still in control of your whether you slow down/stop etc. it's not an automatically force sonic forwards button.

Just shut up. You weren't even born when the game was announced out you ponce.

Believe it or not, yes I was.

...Now how old do you feel...?

The only thing I'm worried about is this having the sort of running mechanic that Secret Rings did. It's not necessarily a bad mechanic, I just really don't like it. However, the 2D platforming sections seem to disprove my fear...

I never bothered with Secret Rings, but I have seen it in action, so I can see what you're talking about. Thankfully the fact that the levels look so tubular makes me think that you can explore to your heart's content should you choose to. I assume the trailer was just going in a straight line to keep with the whole "gotta go fast" thing that Sonic is so known for.

Believe it or not, yes I was.

...Now how old do you feel...?

Alright, so you were slightly older than a fetus at the time. I'm still wondering how much a baby would have actually had an attachment to the project. Of course you could be lying about your birthdate, which wouldn't be a surprise given that you're a dipshit try hard.

Alright, so you were slightly older than a fetus at the time. I'm still wondering how much a baby would have actually had an attachment to the project. Of course you could be lying about your birthdate, which wouldn't be a surprise given that you're a dipshit try hard.

Ok now WHY did you find the need to say that?

Yeah...

I don't even know what you're "REALLY"-ing at; the fact that I declared that I was born in 1998 or that I believe Sonic Rush is a good entry point into the series. If the latter, what I mean is it's a good first game to have; it's not like Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic '06, both of which would probably have put me right off the series if I'd played them first.

Actually, are you even "REALLY"-ing at me?

I am an eternal ancient god and I gave birth to the sonic hedgehog i feel the oldest

gottaflowfast_by_starvinggecko-d672app.png

Oh my God Rawr, what have you made me wrought

But seriously, let's all sit down, have a nice cup of joe, and let our quibbles simmer away. Besides, I've all eyes on this new game rather than this silly discussion (despite the horrific one-off Rawr induced me to pull).

Sadly, I don't think I'll be getting a Wii U until I move out in about 6 years time...

Still, I can always try.

Anyway, what do you guys reckon the odds are of the Wii U version being metric shit-tonnes better than the 3DS version, and not just because of the graphics?

Sadly, I don't think I'll be getting a Wii U until I move out in about 6 years time...

Still, I can always try.

Anyway, what do you guys reckon the odds are of the Wii U version being metric shit-tonnes better than the 3DS version, and not just because of the graphics?

If Dimps is found to be doing the 3DS version as I previously said, than my expectations are rather low, though that would be telling whether or not they could pull their shit with the new gameplay. If otherwise however then I'll give it a better chance.

In any case, the 3DS has surprised me with how powerful it turned out to be, and given the screens so far, it could actually fare very well in the right hands.

People actually buy the off-ports of these games? Generations 3DS had no 3D gameplay, and Wii/PS2 unleashed was just garbage.

If I'm correct, a good amount of people at Retro only got Generations 3DS just to see how shitty it was: the boss fights were really the only high point of the game (as well as some of the music. SOME. Not

.)

@Gecko

Maybe Sonic Team will be doing their own dirty work this time around. Or Nintendo could be doing a lot of the 3DS stuff, who knows?

@Serephim

Yeah, on your former point though, I'm confident that you've read the article stating "fully realised 3D levels"?

Nuff said (definitely not because I can't think of anything else to say)...

Where the hell are you guys getting the idea that Nintendo is making the game?I's being made FOR Nintendo,not by them..at least it's gone from the thread's subtitle *sigh*

I always wondered how Sonic would work in a more Nintendo like direction though,seems like this is the answer.

The 3DS version looks like it'll suck less than Generations 3DS did,also female Caterkiller?

Part of me wants to think that Caterkillers are being treated in the vein of female counterparts to Sandworms given the screenshots, but I'm sure that theory will be shot down soon enough. :B

So I wonder what the enemies will be beyond Wind Hill? Given the plot, it seems like his badniks would disappear and new alien creatures would replace them, but I dunno'.

Some of the more obvious or outdated info aside, I actually didn't notice that walrus animal friend showing up as well, nor did I think too much of that flying energy shot in the background - makes me think more of Newtron then Buzzbomber though.

Also, I JUST now noticed the gold bells, and I was actually right about that damn sheep being there rather then a dust cloud.

...Now to see how many people shoot me in the face. I mean really, apparently I can do nothing right, ever.

Meh, might as well roll with it. Here ya' go!

HOLY SH- A FLYING BUZZBOMBER ENERGY SHOT WOW I CANT BELieve you keep linking us to this stupid shit sena

The only "NEWS" is that sonic is the only playable character. And I really can't understand why Sega keeps pushing that as if it's a feature. The biggest gameplay innovation Sonic 3/S&K brought to the franchise was the other playable characters. It fueled every single change in the game.

Treating Tails/Knuckles as if they're somehow obstacles to good gameplay is the most contradicting thing Sega has ever done to Sonic in my opinion. Every other game is a "reboot" that tries to recapture the "old sonic", but their decisions just keep demonstrating they have no idea what they're chasing after.

The only reason it's news is because it's one less feature for them to get wrong. Which is more depressing than anything. I find it tragic they still haven't moved forward from that point yet.