A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: Lost World

Heroes gets the visual and creative edge points for me. As a full game experience, i'd have to admit Shadow was better. Mostly because it didn't rehash the entire game 4 times over for its storymode, and actually had some decent replay value when it came to those ridiculous PSO-esque secret weapons.

The absurdity of the tone shift, the dreamcast graphics and the lazy alliance system were really its biggest flaws. When the game released I seem to remember being quite fond of it, and watching gameplay videos of it i'm really quite surprised by what im seeing vs. what Sega comes up with today in terms of level design.

NEWSFLASH: This just in; Lizuka stating that the art style in Lost World is the way it is to maintain 60fps is COMPLETE BATCRAP! I got the new call of duty game a few days ago, and I found out it runs 60fps on every console it is for, which includes Wii U (the version I have).

What I'm getting at is CoD Ghosts is EYONS more detailed that Lost World, and runs at a smooth, consistent 60fps even when on online matches.

Stop batcrappin' us, Sega.

Call Of Duty: Ghosts is also a boring, boring game that looks boring. Not a good example.

And the Hedgehog Engine, quite frankly, is one seriously unoptimized piece of crap, most modern engines these days can do everything it does and do it more efficiently.

Not that it really matters. Lost World is still a gorgeous game, not every game has to be packed with minute details - Super Mario 3D World is more visually impressive than most 'next-gen' games, for pete's sake, due to its brilliant art direction.

Call Of Duty: Ghosts is also a boring, boring game that looks boring. Not a good example.

I thought it was a decent example. And I'm no CoDFag like some others, I just happen to find it a good game for when friends come over, and I don't find it that boring. And I'm not saying it had a bad art style, I LOVE the art style. I'm just saying it's nowhere near as detailed as generations, and that the graphical style does not need to be this way to run the game at 60fps