A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: Lost World

Guest Mr Lange

I'd like to point out that adding "it seems" in that context geared the sentence towards confirmation, not doubt. It's no wonder everyone was thrown off by that.

Not sure why everyone likes the new tornado design so much. Its now pudgy with the good details removed, in favor of intrusive design choices that don't fit well. The original design from Sonic 2 and 3 looks much better to me.

Liking what I'm seeing in the trailer so far. Here's to a better future for Sonic.

Not sure why everyone likes the new tornado design so much. Its now pudgy with the good details removed, in favor of intrusive design choices that don't fit well. The original design from Sonic 2 and 3 looks much better to me.

You'll have to excuse my being for arguing such, but the new tornado looks like a nearly spot-on version of the Sonic 2 Tornado, except lighter and more rounded:

s2-scz-summaryimg.png

Sonic-and-Tailes.png

I'm not sure what intrusive details you are referring to. Granted it DOES look a little large, but still.

We can both agree on the fact that this game kicks ass so far. I'm kinda' hoping Cash Cash comes back to do the soundtrack again, but that's just me.

Don't like the way this game looks at all.

I'd say I'd pass, but I don't have a Wii U anyway, so its not like I was going to get it anyway. Hate the Mario Galaxy vibes I'm getting from it - it feels very un-SEGA and more Nintendo than anything else which I don't like. Positive things I am glad the spinning wheel legs return for Modern Sonic now, and I am sure the music will be sweet.

Otherwise I am really disappointed at this point in time.

I dunno', I do get lots of Nintendo-style vibes so far, and maybe that is rather annoying, but I also notice that the geometric architecture seems to be coming back full-swing, so that's a plus in my book.

I hope the enemies are as appealing as their Generation's counterparts, given the redesigns.

Just watched the new trailer! I am super psyched! Awesome. just awesome man.

I love the more stylized cartoony fantasy designs for everything. much better for Sonic games. and is something I been wanting more of for ages. I just don't like even remotely realistic environments etc. so this game is real candy for me~

No surprise the aliens are just random badguys. but I still think they are very cool. ;)

New gameplay looks great. Sonic still seems very fast which is a + in my book. The gravity change type stuff will make me a bit dizzy for a while. But I'm sure I'll get used to it. :)

I can't tell if any other characters besides Sonic will be playable yet. But I'm not to picky when it comes to a Sonic game, just as long it's well made and fun. So whichever way I'm not to worried. I'll love this game and play it to death regardless. :D

I also can't tell if Eggman will be here yet. But unless I am mistaken, I saw Badniks. Which should mean Eggman is somewhere in this game.

But yeah. Screw every other game this year. I NEED this game~ :D

PS: I'll see what else I can find to talk about after I re-watch the video like another 100 times~ :3

Haha, someone pointed out that "Lost Worlds" might be an unintentional reference to how X-Treme basically disappeared into the void after it was canceled, only for hints of it to pop back up here. I kinda' find that clever.

Also, I noticed the boost wasn't present; something tells me my muscle memory might be a problem if the controls are laid out similar to Generations/Colors. I'm also hoping that we get plenty of diverging paths and such, and I'm pretty damn sure Eggman is showing back up, unless the Badniks naturally roam Green Hill Zone now.

EDIT:

ijCzZkhPJUYrg.jpg

lasert.png

*reblogged from Retro*

Oh...HELL YES.

PLEASE.

Yeah, someone noted that on Retro as well. I wonder how the Wisps will affect the gameplay this time around?

Also, I'm having a hard time getting the "robot" vibe from the new badnik designs: I think I kinda' prefer Generation's designs in that regard. They made for a great contrast to Sonic and the animal friends and such.

I'm suprised the reaction is as positive as it is, this does look fun, but from a lot of talk on forums and youtube what most people were hoping for from sega after generations was that the games would really open up in terms of alternate routes and exploration, this looks like the complete opposite, it does look like there is a higher/lower route and a couple of different paths on the other sides of the huge cylinders but we need a lot more at this point. Also Nintendo is playing their (obvious) involvement way too safe, they just made it look/play exactly like galaxy, wanted something a lot more original.

Also graphically so far there's something odd about it, the ingame graphics on generations looked nearly as good as the fmv quality you see here and in colours fmv's

as soon as it cut to the gameplay here though the colours went a lot darker and duller and there was something slightly pixelated/jaggedy about it, it looked at a couple of points like a 3ds game, maybe that's the video quality (I was in 720p) or the art style for this game using few basic colours but I'm not sure.

Okay, now I need a Wii U.

I fucking loved Galaxy (and I feel like I'm a minority there, for whatever reason yet to be explained), and this game looks like it's taking that and throwing Sonic into it. Plus Wisps, which can only be good considering how awesome Colours was.

So....it's Sonic Xtreme in HD?

I...guess thats cool. It looks like it'll be a fun game, but it doesn't look very "sonic" at all. It basically looks like a crossover Mario Galaxy game. I was really hoping Nintendo was going to try and play straight to sonic's old platforming ways, but we're getting more gimmicky ways of approaching it instead.

I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a great game, but i'm still a bit disappointed in the approach. I was hoping for something a little more...innovative? Still nothing to make me want a Wii-U yet. Gonna wait on Smash Bros for that.

But Nintendo games like this usually require playtime to see and feel the full picture. I'm sure whenever that opportunity pops up, i'll be all over it.