A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: Lost World

I'm also sick of the Sonic only shit.It was fair in Unleashed,and understandable for Generations,even if they could have thrown in additinal characters,it was an anniversary game after all..

But it just seems silly that they're still rolling with that,this game could benefit greatly from more playable chracters.

My guess is that not only is Sega still afraid of "Sonic's shitty friends" kind of crit,but more playable characters would also count as an innovation,which there are already plenty in this game,so I guess they're trying one thing at a time,so they won't screw up.

The guys at Retro are suggesting that it might have been a better idea to wait out on alternate characters because the new gameplay has been mainly directed towards improving Sonic's playability thus far. Putting in other characters would serve as a distraction towards fine-tuning the current gameplay mechanics. Should they finally solve Sonic's polygon ceiling however, I imagine that more playable characters would present themselves as an option in the future.

As long as the game is fun, i don't really have a problem with not being multiple characters :V

^ This.

Yeah it's still true I would absolutely love to see MetalSonic & Blaze playable in a new main none-handheld Sonic game. But in the end all that matters to me is if the game is fun. And since I Loved/Enjoyed greatly Sonic unleashed/colors/generations/Sonic4 EP2. I don't think that's even a question with me. :3

Hm. I wonder how Dr.Eggman is going to help Sonic exactly? It didn't even show him in the video.

I also hope we have a more fun boss battle with Dr.Eggman in this game... Since we all know that we more then likely will. But hopefully not one where we are running after him again.

I love how this is revealed just as Rael sends me Super Mario Galaxy. I wonder if Nintendo is having an influence on the art design, or if this is just a nod to Galaxy. Either way, I see lots of good potential! I noticed for awhile Sonic games felt like the visuals were put in front of the gameplay, and it's neat to see Lost World is doing the opposite.

These choices Sega is making means I need to do some thinking as well. I wonder what Strife thinks of Lost World so far.

So... Today I saw the trailer in hd for the first time. I don't have Internet at home, so I used my moms super outdated smartphone, and the video quality was really bad. I had PLENTY of things to say about it most good, some not so good, but nothing bad. When I watched it on my moms phone, I was like, oh, cool, sonics legs have the affect classic sonics legs do in generations. But today, when I watched the video, I noticed the best thing sega (or Nintendo, not sure) has done after sonic cd....

BBCode (message boards & forums)

hCNwnQM.jpg

HIS LEGS ARE DOING THE FIGURE-8, PEELOUT, RUNNING DASH THINGY WHATEVER MAJIG!!! HECK YEA!!!

I don't know why, but this makes me happy. Even if you can't charge the PEELOUT like you can in cd, it still makes me happy. So yea. I have a felling I'm not the only one who's noticed this.

Hm. I wonder how Dr.Eggman is going to help Sonic exactly? It didn't even show him in the video.

I also hope we have a more fun boss battle with Dr.Eggman in this game... Since we all know that we more then likely will. But hopefully not one where we are running after him again.

I imagine that's where the machines in 2 player support mode come in.

big the cat is an overweight, retarded lazy person, who likes to fishing and hangs out all day with his interracial homosexual friend froggy, he does what he does because he doesn't care what you think and through living out life the way he sees it he eventually helps save the entire world

big the cat is a powerful message, an inspiration, a statement to the sonic series, no the entire world, no matter if you're overweight, a different race, gay, retarded, anything, never i mean NEVER abandon your beliefs and always be true to yourself

becuase one day, just one day, you might even save the world...

big the cat is an overweight, retarded lazy person, who likes to fishing and hangs out all day with his interracial homosexual friend froggy, he does what he does because he doesn't care what you think and through living out life the way he sees it he eventually helps save the entire world

big the cat is a powerful message, an inspiration, a statement to the sonic series, no the entire world, no matter if you're overweight, a different race, gay, retarded, anything, never i mean NEVER abandon your beliefs and always be true to yourself

becuase one day, just one day, you might even save the world...

Big The Cat for president, who's with me?

[qimg]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/150/b/2/president_big_by_starvinggecko-d677yw8.png[/qimg]

Seriously people you're helping me with all sorts of digital shit keep it up

Holy shit Gecko, that's awesome.

I can imagine Big going like "if i wuz uh president, i wud giv everyone a froggy, so day can hav a friend foraveryone so ya don' feel loneleh, you can play with your lidah frien' all day and do wadavah ya want!"

And that's how world peace is achieved, be just like Big.