A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

Sky Sanctuary

My favourite level, with my favourite level music. I do hope this appears.

Also I actually would like Hydrocity as well as Labyrinth Zone from S1 and Aquatic Ruin Zone. I...really like the water stages for some reason haha.

Sky Sanctuary and Hydrocity would be the absolute coolest looking levels in Sonic Unleashed-quality HD graphics. I'd really love to play those in 3D.

Edit:

As for supersonic battles, if they ever decide to redo them, Doomsday Zone of course is a great choice, but i personally think Supersonic vs. Perfect Chaos would be the most epic thing ever in HD and unleashed-style speed.

Edit 2:

OH YEAH. And Sonic's duel with Shadow on the cannon bridge. But only if they get Shadow's run cycle to SA2 epicness. Because it was epic.

More gameplay etc

There are a few little camera twitches here and there but I have no clue if its due to the recording of the videos or just small little kinks they are still ironing out. Still though, the remix of Green Hill + the rail chase segment for Modern Sonic is nice. I think this looks pretty fun!

So classic Sonic only gets the classic music and sounds, and modern Sonic only the modern music/sounds? Bah. I'd love for modern Sonic to be playable using the classic stuff, too! And, of course, vice versa!

There is some footage of that gameplay without the interview stuff involved and better quality sound. Even the classic GHZ is remixed from what I hear anyway. It isn't too hard to find and I'm kinda tired so I'm not gonna go grab the link, but its looking pretty nice anyway.

Also I guess Classic Sonic doesn't talk ? I keep reading that around to as if its been confirmed, but if it has then there ya go.

Looking suh-wheat so far. ^_^

I hope they make it so that you can stick with just one Sonic through the whole game instead of having to alternate between them. That way you've basically got two games in one. xD On a similar note, I'm kinda wondering if Sega will ever make another Sonic game with more than one playable character. I miss playing as Tails. D:

I dont like GHz remix at all.

I have a question for you guys. Yesterday I came up with a cool idea... well, I think it's cool, but I want to hear what you think.

It's about the boost effect.

I got stunned when I saw that giant loop in the gameplay video, but one thing was bothering me.

All I saw (basically) was a blue light running through it.

And I wanna see Sonic instead : /

And then I remembered SA2.

There, when Sonic goes fast, we see some white speed lines behind him and also some air cutting effects.

You can feel the high speed and also see Sonic clearly.

I think this is 100x better that the laser boost effect.

So, that, what you think?

I think the speedlines are a good idea but the blue blur does make him look like hes running really fast,

Maybe turn the transarancy down?

Anyway I dont own an xbox 360 or PS3 I have the wii,

So looks like ima have to fork out for a 360 -_-

Its worth it though,

This game actually looks pretty epixc, just hope they get the music right, That plays a big part in my eyes (As a musician and re-mixer)

The Classic Sonic Green Hill theme sounds real nice,

Not too fond of the Modern one though.

Anywayz Just watched the Full gameplay video and it made me chuckle on the modern part,

I can just imagine classic Sonic running up to the grind railings and just be like "Waaa?" :ahuh:

BUT

I think the most important thing here is, Classic or Modern Sonic they have both definitely captured the feel of fun, Jumping around, Running at speed Sonic we all knew and loved back on the Megadrive/Genesis.

It took me a while to enjoy Sonic's SA2 running animation, but pretty much everything in SA2 was better to me than in the other games. I wish grinding was more momentum + balance based than just getting momentum from nowhere like it is now. You dont even crouch on rails anymore. There's almost not even a point anymore. Not to mention, sonic hasn't had Soap shoes since SA2, so it makes no sense for grinding to even happen.

Speed lines always looked cool to me, but i think it was complemented by the run cycles of the characters. They actually put their entire bodies into their running, and thus always looked faster to me. Sonic only put his hands behind his back while at top speed in SA2.

About this game, i think it's funny that this game (and Colors) is like an exact port of the unleashed engine. It almost looks like Unleashed with a new level pack.

Viewing the full video, im a bit disappointed with the Modern gameplay. During the interview it looked like it involved more 3D sections. I'd figure that since they're splitting up modern and classic gameplay, the "unleashed" sections could just ditch the 2D gameplay entirely. I was really hoping the Modern sections would consist of only 3D gameplay, but it looks like they're still spamming the shit out of rails and whatnot.

It already has classic, which is 100% 2D. I really dont care to play a dumbed down version of that with rails attached. It really doesn't matter if it's Green Hill Zone in 3D if there are RAILS everywhere. I dont even get to play the stage -- i just get to zoom past the pretty scenery. Sonic Adventure 2 INTRODUCED Rails, and the Green Hill Zone stage in that game didn't have a single one. I really just think the Rail and 2D segments in these games as of late are just them being lazy more than anything.

With the way this game looks, every single segment in the Modern section looks like it'd be more fun if it was just full 3D controls.

And about the 2D physics on the classic section...it looks improved from Sonic 4, but it still looks like Sonic is decelerating while rolling in most parts of the vid. Specifically at 0:20 and 1:00 in MFZB's video

In 0:20 it looks like his launch from that ramp was scripted or something. Not like it matters much, as long as it works, right?

I was excited by the announcement of this game, and couldn't wait to hear what funky new remixes they come up with for Green Hill as I liked the version they did in SA2. It was one of those rare times that I've been particularly interested to hear a game's music, then I heard the music in that gameplay trailer and was rather disappointed.

I'm in two minds about the classic version remix, on the one hand, it is slightly funkier and it makes sense for it to sound close to the Mega Drive original, but I would also have liked a slightly new sound to the main tune, like the Sonic Adventure 2 version did, or a more epic sounding version of the whole thing like the music from Smash Bros. Melee.

I thought they'd come up with something really awesome for the modern Sonic remix, but no, instead they've managed to come up with a version that just sounds irritating to me.

Looking forward to the game, but I'm no longer looking forward to the music. One positive, the end-of-level sign shows classic Robotnik, yay!

Has anyone noticed...that instead of the sound being distorted when he boosts, it actually changes the tempo of the song?

At first i thought the modern version was just skipping around due to the engine or being unfinished or something. But listening closely, the music actually changes when he boosts.

I'd say Emerald Coast isn't out of the question.

They'll probs use a load of Sonic 2 levels because everyone seems to love that game.

Now, I'd get hard if the following levels were included:

Labyrinth Zone

Marble Zone

Hydrocity Zone

Launch Base Zone

Mushroom Hill Zone

Lava Reef Zone

Hidden Palace from Sonic 2?

I very much think that there will be SA levels because I heard in an interview that sonic would meet up with friends like tails, knuckles, and shadow. This only leaves me to believe that we would meet them in their respective games (tails in s2, knuckles in s3k, and shadow in SA2) By the way, if we get a level in this game that has one of those knuckles being a dick segments (screw you these are my emeralds sonic, or ha you like this carnival sonic well screw you im turning off the lights) I will buy this game at launch.

They said hed meet shadow?

Ooh geuss SA2 Stages will be in then.

Id love to see - (In Order Of Games)

Star Light Zone (S1) - I think SEGA could do some really nice backgrounds of the city/buildings for the 2.5D parts.

Wing Fortress (S2) - this would look really cool in 3D - A bit like the Final Fortress from Sonic Heroes

Ice Cap Act 1 (S3) - Modern Sonic snowboarding down that massive slope.

Apart from doomsday zone cant really think of any levels I'd like to see in 3D, maybe Hidden Palace? THatd be good to meet Knux

SA1 - Emerald Coast and Speed Highway

SA2 - I would love to see A City Escape Remake :smidge:

THeres one small thing thats been troublin me though guys, Where will the final boss battle be held? Wouldnt it be cool if you fought all the bosses?

Like Soon as you defeated one Eggman warped you to the next boss,

Final Zone - Death Egg - Launch Base - Doomsday Zone (With Intro Battle with the Finger thingys) And then had one final robot?

Would be epic...