A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

As much as I'd like Emerald Coast in there, I'm not sure if Sega would be up for placing more than one Green Hill / Beach level into the mix. Speed Highway would be totally epic, though. =D

I'm also wondering if they'll put a Sonic CD level in there somewhere... If they do, my vote goes to either Stardust Speedway or Metallic Madness.

The thing that is bothering me is... SG forum have just one week of live and it have allready 285 threads...

And most of the are talking about stupid things or about something posted 10 threads before.

Am I the only one who sometimes gets angry of this kind of fanbase? : /

But WHAT THE FUCK, I stay off for a FEW FUCKING DAYS and /sega shows all of that shit there? I almost pulled off the coffee I'm drinking while seeing the Green Hill gameplay.

But I fucking want to play that. Even if I must see more news over there.

And I feel like some Sonic 4 Ep II might be hated if its physics don't seem as good as the Generations ones seem to be.

Don't be a bunch of easy-stage loving pansies. Sure, the final gravity area in Crazy Gadget might have been a little misguided... what with it giving you kill yourself buttons and all... but the rest of the stage was pretty solid and challenging in a fair way, which is more than what can be said of City Escape... which lacks any kind of challenge whatsoever.

I honestly prefer the (Sonic) level that succeeds it, Final Rush. But Crazy Gadget (in my honest opinion) is one of those really cool levels that has this challenging setup in parts, not to mention the vacuum tubes that take you from one part of the level to the other. And quite frankly, I love the level BGM. It's one of my favorites.

Edit: Another bit of my thoughts here: Final Rush/Chase would be perfect for the Hedgehog Engine. Especially considering all the platforming and rails.

Lol youtuber by the name of SadisticMystic fears no stage from SA2, especially not crazy gadget.

However, as much as I'd love crazy gadget in the next game, how in god's name would they ever make that work with the crazy speed in the hedgehog engine?

How would you make green hill work with it? The answer is simple and the same. When the gameplay doesn't collide with the concept in its original form, you expand on the concepts of the original changing bits and pieces as needed.

Don't be a bunch of easy-stage loving pansies. Sure, the final gravity area in Crazy Gadget might have been a little misguided... what with it giving you kill yourself buttons and all... but the rest of the stage was pretty solid and challenging in a fair way, which is more than what can be said of City Escape... which lacks any kind of challenge whatsoever.

I just want to hear the music again.

Although i already know "modern" sonic will completely defeat the purpose of SA2's adding rails and just spam them EVERYWHERE in winding unsupported aerial patterns. But some nice buildings, draw distance, and a highway speeding segment would be neat.

And for the last time people, the Hedgehog Engine had nothing to do with the physics engine of the game. It was all rendering techniques, most specifically lighting.

Sonic Colors didn't touch the Hedgehog Engine, but is nearly identical to Sonic Unleashed's phyiscs in every way.

But yeah, Crazy Gadget and Final Rush were the coolest stages in that game. If they added a stage, it's between those and pyramid cave imo.

Final Rush/Chase would be great additions, but rails + 2D = all skill or challenge to the stage is defeated. It also kind of kills the fun of the different paths you could take in those stages.

Guys I would love to see City Escape remade in this game but if there is only one level in this whole game that has a snowboard it must be this one.

son3179ev.gif

But hey if they can some how manage to make the game work with two downhill snowboard levels, I'm perfectly fine. I can almost guarantee that all the levels will have rails in one form or another so why not snowboards.

Edit: To all intents and purposes I am assuming ripping parts from a helicopter is considered a "snowboard".

and 118 posts

I want it, seriously. I WANT TO PLAY IT SO BAD. Don't care about speculation. I just want to play another Sonic level, because I've already got bored with Sonic Unleashed and I don't own a Wii (I'm happy that this one's high-def consoles exclusive. Wii owners have got their awesome game -- sorry, JetHawk95).

And if this is bad, I won't be upset just because...

...the franchise is not mine. I'm not the one that's gonna lose billions, but yet a few bucks to buy that.

EDIT: Oh-oh, something's bothering me on that video. Does Sonic stops rolling after some time and stops spinning in air?

EDIT²:

mm25.jpgmm26.jpg

Too bad we all saw this kind of past-revisiting before. But nothing's perfect, rite?

• 2 weeks later...

City Escape is pretty much confirmed, isn't it? Or the music is at least, since the singer of it confirmed months back that he had rerecorded a version of Escape From The City for a 2011 game that was at the time unannounced, now almost definitely this. From that, I'd presume City Escape is in, or just Central City in general, as a sort of amalgamation of all the different City/Highway stages in SA2 put together.

Also Ice Cap would be rockin'. They could combine Sonic 3's and Sonic Adventure's Ice Cap to make a beautiful, beautiful fusion of the two eras of Sonic (pre-SA1 and SA1 onwards).