A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

• 4 weeks later...

So I decided to download the PC Sonic Generations demo from Steam. It blows the console version out of the water. Controls are super responsive and the game looks fantastic. I'd wager that all the issues I had with Classic Sonic's controls in the console version are basically nill in the PC version.

The PC version really is ridiculously superior to the console one, pretty surprising given Sega's dodgy PC port history. I would not be surprised if it turned out to have been built for PC and ported to consoles. :/

I mean, I got the lovely collector's edition box and everything with the console one, but the actual game part of the game? PC takes it by a landslide. 60fps looks truly beautiful. I rarely notice frame rates in games unless there's stutter or horrible slowdown issues, but it makes a huge difference in Generations.

Also you guys all heard the 3DS version soundtrack? I only just listened to it, so I assume no one else has either. :P

Sonic 3 Final Boss:

And

Vs. Biolizard "Supporting Me": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AnXcthJSXY

Are both superior to their originals, IMO.

I didn't really like any of the Dreamcast remixes. The SA2 version still sounds much better to me. It handled the transitions of the music wayyyyy better, while the generations version just sounds like a techno track. Same thing with For True Story.

Supporting Me, i mean. It took me a while to realize i liked that song. They're the same songs, but the feeling you get from them just aren't there anymore, like they're kind of taken out of context.

So yeah, I have been blasting through the game now that I have it on PC.Way better, I actually enjoy the challenge stages now since I'm not having to time every jump a second before I need to make it. I can see myself actually full clearing the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...