A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

According to SEGA twitter and Sonic facebook page, new Sonic 20th Anniversary news are coming next 7th April, and SEGA says that it's something big.

You can check them out, but no more info have been given.

Happy to hear something related to 20th anniversary after all this silent.

Dunno if this is worth a thread, but anyways we can use this to discuss about the news later.

This may be actually a future thread for the possible Sonic Generations game.

They learned it: Now thy only announce (or say something) about a Sonic game a few months before its launch, because it doesn't give much time for speculation and because it's lucrative. And seriously, these games have been worth my money.

I hope the new things are too.

Sonic 4 sucked, sonic colors was actually pretty decent. Let's see what else they have for us. Hopefully a sequel to sonic 2006, the best game of all time

The game, you just won it xDD

BTW, I would be happy if they show just a Sonic 4 ep 2 teaser, to see at least how the game is evolving

While I am unsure of what SEGA's trailer might be (I bet it is just gonna be a big tease and nothing more)...

is it wrong of me to be wishing that this was for Phantasy Star Online 2 instead? I really want more info on THAT game right now, not that I'm not excited for more Sonic related stuff, it's just that PSO 2 is higher up on my radar right now. All I know is that the alpha or whatever is sometime this year. I just want a proper trailer so I can see what thats gonna be like.

Anyway I guess we'll find out what this is about tomorrow.

Teaser trailer was released on facebook.

It literally shows zero gameplay. It does however, show a weird 3D version of green hill zone where parts of it are grey and parts of it are in full color. Current sonic is running through it, jumps into the air and splits into two Sonics, one of them looking and running like his old school genesis version (smaller, black eyes, etc). I have no idea what they could hinting at besides remaking the old games in 3D.

Honestly if they were to just do something like this notorious video

I would be ecstatic. We'll see.

edit: Forgot to give Sega props on how gorgeous the animation is in the teaser