A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

It's Arcade. So they might actually be making another 2D game for the sake of Sonic 4. Or maybe Generations is Episode II. Or maybe it's actually Sonic 1 remade with Colors/Unleashed engine.

Or maybe I'm wrong and don't know a thing about what I'm talking about.

But still, I love that classic model. Somehow. At least it brings back memories. It's not terrible.

But I don't love something I don't know what is :3

EDIT: Or maybe they're using Damizean's EggEngine.

It's Arcade. So they might actually be making another 2D game for the sake of Sonic 4. Or maybe Generations is Episode II. Or maybe it's actually Sonic 1 remade with Colors/Unleashed engine.

Or maybe I'm wrong and don't know a thing about what I'm talking about.

But still, I love that classic model. Somehow. At least it brings back memories. It's not terrible.

But I don't love something I don't know what is :3

EDIT: Or maybe they're using Damizean's EggEngine.

stop guessing, I guarantee you none of those are actually real, let sega be the ones to show us what shit pile they're pulling out of their asses this time. Though I gotta say the teaser did look nice, I have to play the reserved fan though at this point, they've hurt me too many times :tbored:

Okay the trailer for it was more than I expected. Sure it is a tease still, but at least it was a nicely animated tease than what we got with Sonic 4 the first time around. I am hyped in any case, wasn't really expecting Classic Sonic to show up.

I still want more PSO2 info though >:( haha.

classic sonic fills me with happiness.

wait I've got it.

It's a new Sonic Shuffle game.

edit: also, those comics are long gone. I couldn't tell you for the life of me where they actually want. plus they were pure shite.

stop guessing

I can't. It's part of a vicious Sonic cycle.

Shuffle? Idk. Maybe something more like Mickey Mania. Sonic finds an older himself on Steamboat Will-- I mean, Green Hill, and that whatever stuff. And then you unlock skins.

But that's actually guessing that it's shit again.

This trailer would be significantly less frightening (and more exciting) if they just cut the "new' sonic out and had the whole trailer consist of just the 90's sonic. Now they have me thinking there's gonna be some kind of terrible time-travel story mechanic or "lets control 2 people at once!" kind of gameplay going on. Which im sure will suck. Where are you guys getting "kinect" and "arcade" from? Im really hoping this isnt a digital release.

Anyway, if this IS a new sonic game featuring classic sonic, i really wish Sonic Team would grow some IMAGINATION and actually create a new adventure instead of rehashing old ones. I'd like nothing more than to get some completely fresh areas out of a traditional looking sonic. You know, like i was playing a sequel to the genesis titles and not trash like sonic 4

I still want more PSO2 info though > haha.

Fuck yeah. Although im more scared for PSO2 than i could ever be for Sonic. After Portable 2 Infinity, i just KNOW this is gonna be another Jpop loli anime trope fest. Im praying for the contrary.

Im already pissed off that 1) it's on PC only and 2) Stateside hasn't even offically heard about it yet. I know i should be happy it's PC only, but i just can't picture me enjoying another PSO experience in front of my computer and not in front of my TV with a game controller and a few friends.

Portable 2 Infinity looks fun though, and I've heard good things about it.

But I echo your concerns over a lack of a console port, but who knows , maybe eventually one day it will come. I'm still mega excited though for it, not worried at all.

I dont think SEGA is thinking about any time travel matters.

They should had learn the lesoon, weird experiments always fails when talking about sonic games.

Maybe modern Sonic for new levels, and classic Sonic for the rehashed classic ones

Possibly by concentrating entirely on creating an accurate representation of the classic Sonic artwork into model form to the detriment of the actual things that go into your typical game?

Well, that and the fact that it'll probably be a bunch of retreaded levels anyway sucking out huge amounts of originality in exchange for banking on nostalgia. Take your pick.

I suppose there's always option C and maybe, just maybe they'll make a great game and not something awful or even just slightly better than passing for a change.

As much as I love getting praised for my generally awesome avatar selection in pretty much every speculative topic about new Sonic games, and as much as I recognize that these topics are generally pointless until a game actually comes out (and then said topics quickly die since the game is either bad or is slightly lacking in scope (sorry Sonic Colors)), I've got to ask for a small amount of restraint since some people get a little peeved by that sort of thing.

Now, if you'll excuse me... I've gotta get up, gotta get going. I'm gonna see a friend of mine.

When I sat down to see the trailer I thought it was gonna be a really crappy announcement.

But when I saw classic sonic appear I was all like:

NHHjG.gif

I'm happy that sega realizes that classic and modern are two different entities but as many people have said (hey there slingerland =D) there is no gameplay shown, hence the game is definitely probably gonna suck.

P.s. I've said it in other places, but I would really appreciate if sega replaces classic sonic with modern sonic in sonic 4 EP II. I know that it won't affect that crappy game but shinny crap is better than regular crap.

Sega always just shows a related CG video, then follows up with some screenshots and hype descriptions about how "different it's going to be this time" and how they "understand how the fans want sonic to be" and then they finally show gameplay and it's just the very last game they did with a few new features and tweaks.

If they took Heroes' art direction with the classic sonic and added some physics-based gameplay then i'd be excited. But them showing new sonic alongside old sonic is nothing but frightening to me.

New sonic is just new sonic, but they've proven for years now that they have absolutely no clue what "old sonic" was "all about". They have no reason to mix the two together.

SEGA is your abusive boyfriend. I know he sounds sincere when he says he has changed and things will go back to the way when you first fell in love with him, but it's always the same.

A "lying girlfriend" analogy would have went over better on a board that is over 90% male. ;)