A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

What?

Ice cap is quite a famous level man,

I mean Ice cap is the most remixed video game song on both newgrounds and OC Remix..

Eh, not my thing.

I think it was just a bad memory I had with SMB3's Ice World.

Probably why I loathe ice themes in any game.

Being that there is noticeable water in act 2, Launch Base Zone is a must for me.

What really makes me giddy about LB is the upbeat tune.

I've always wanted to see those pyramid things in the background in a 3D perspective.

Might just be me.

I never played sa1's icecap, but sonic 3's was fun. I even like the frozen item boxes. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

To me, it's a very short level if you know what shortcuts to take before the snowboarding sequence.

Hopefully, they don't bring back Carnival Night Zone.

That zone made me furious being that back in the day I wanted to get to Ice Cap and Launch Base but could never get past that spinning barrel in act 2.

I bet, remaking it as a 2D level, they would put that in there and would probably cause a lot of anger to a new player who hasn't played Sonic 3.

EDIT:

@Serephim: The only thing about Hydrocity being remade that interests me is the act 2 track. Very catchy.

water running.

Wow I totally forgot about that, it would be amazing to relive those "I'm moving so incredibly fast that I can run on top of water" moments in 1080p HD. Plus I wouldn't mind hearing a remix of hydrocity act 2 music (even though I didn't really think the green hill remix was amazing).

IMO

Ice Cap > Hydrocity

Though I'd also like to see how Hydrocity would look like in HD 3D. But water running... it's okay to see it with Classic Sonic, but this feature in Sonic Unleashed was a PAIN IN MY ASS. The Ring Energy isn't enough to explore the whole area. You die easily as there are many obstacles you must avoid, and quick step is almost useless against this.

Uhm, yet I must admit that slippery ice floors aren't quite fine.

I actually used to pee in my pants while having nightmares which included the drowning classic theme and The Doomsday (like if I were Sonic and my ring count was approaching 5).

Aaah, good times. I was a videogame addicted... and I still am one.

I actually used to pee in my pants while having nightmares which included the drowning classic theme and The Doomsday (like if I were Sonic and my ring count was approaching 5).

Aaah, good times. I was a videogame addicted... and I still am one.

My current alarm to wake up for school is the Classic drowning theme. It's super-effective. There's nothing like having a beautiful dream when, suddenly the whole freakin dream gets flooded with water, and I wake up hearing

By the way, as far as "Generations" news, I heard a gamestop list leaked and it showed that Generations was coming to the 3DS. If this game has decent physics gameplay and isn't just another sonic rush, then I'll be purchasing it immediately.

In the LA area or going there? Want to get a hands-on with Sonic Generations? Sega's US blog details a community event for "all ages" to be held at Club Nokia on June 8th called "Sonic Boom". I'm just posting this here just in case you didn't hear it from the Stadium or TSSZ.

Edit: IMHO, this is great, although I'm kinda disappointed I'm not in LA nor am I going there anytime soon. I'll just end up waiting until a demo hits PSN or XBL.

Edit 2: Go figure, it's around the same timeframe as E3, where it will also be playable. Joy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just thought of something. Sega said that generations would feature levels from genesis era, dreamcast era, and "now" era. What if they make S4 levels with classic sonic? I think that be pretty freakin cool, I mean it appears that the physics don't suck as bad as s4 and I thought the game was actually pretty cool for everything except the physics and the instruments in the music (I actualy thought some of the music was super awesome, SHZ Act 2 had an awesome song).

id just like to point out that Sonic Rush was one hella boring thing that doesn't deserve to be called a game

Ok, it wasn't so horrible, but It's far from what I'd consider a good time. It also lacked any stages you could really call 'iconic'.

You said the same thing about sonic heroes. And honestly, it's the last game to have anywhere close to decent and diverse level design, IMO. Someone play it over again, tell me you have a newfound respect for it after Unleashed : /

Colors doesn't count, they get to cop-out with 2D segments.

You know DLC never includes shit like that. If you are lucky, you'll be able to get Sonic wearing a hat, or a 'super hard' mode that sprinkles pits all over randomly in the already existing levels.

Sonic Unleashed and Sonic All-starts racing says hi.

Sonic Unleashed and Sonic All-starts racing says hi.

Unleashed doesn't add new levels, it adds new layouts. If I recall correctly, they don't actually add new geometry to the levels. It's more like they just fill in missing pieces that kept already existing paths from becoming levels.

Also, tracks in racing games don't count. The challenge is nowhere near the same.

You said the same thing about sonic heroes. And honestly, it's the last game to have anywhere close to decent and diverse level design, IMO. Someone play it over again, tell me you have a newfound respect for it after Unleashed : /

No, I said Sonic Heroes lacks good level design. I never said it lacks iconic stages. And I agree with you, Unleashed's levels lack a variety in approach. That's why I didn't like Unleashed and that's why I did like Colors.

Retro (surprisingly) got leaked screens of 3ds version of the game, however, retro is running VERY freakin slow. From what I can make out of the screens it has the last boss from sonic 3. I'll post some links in a few via edit, but if you somehow manage to get on it's right on the front page.

edit: Still cant get on but managed to load 1 pick

generations3ds01.jpg