A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

http://beta.gamelib.com.br/static/uploads/assets/abril-2011/sonicgener.jpg

Primitive box art, told received by a brazilian game distributor for a pre-divulgation showcase. (took this information from a reliable website.)

WHAT A FUCKING IDIOTIC LIE. This is obviously a hoax distributed by some jerk, but meh, as we're still dealing with speculation... it unfortunately might not be a hoax.

EDIT: Rumor links, just in case:

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/04/13/rumor-box-art-for-upcoming-sega-games-leaked/

www.powersonic.com.br (couldn't post the rumor link)

As far as the gameplay goes, I like the direction that they're taking. Classic Sonic running through beautiful side-scrolling levels, and Modern Sonic blasting through a different version of those levels from the chase perspective (behind-the-back, if you may. I'm a racing sim guy, remember?). I hope to get my hands on a demo soon. Well, whenever they release one for that matter. This is without a doubt an interesting game-in-the-works.

Edit: Oh fuckballs, there's a story. Juh-fucking-oy. /sarcasm.

I bet the plot will be fairly minimal, and time travel is nothing new to the series (with it appearing in CD and 06 for example) so I figure its probably just an excuse to get the two eras together.

Which I am completely fine with because as long as the gameplay is good (which it looks to be) thats all that matters. But damn the graphics are quite nice and I have a super erection going for this game right now. I am looking forward to it :D

More gameplay etc

There are a few little camera twitches here and there but I have no clue if its due to the recording of the videos or just small little kinks they are still ironing out. Still though, the remix of Green Hill + the rail chase segment for Modern Sonic is nice. I think this looks pretty fun!

Okay. Holy fuck.

I really, really, REALLY don't see how they could screw this game up. The "retro" sections look amazing, it appears to have returned to the original physics, the game is beautiful, and there's also the Modern sonic sections to top it off.

I cant tell, but does the Modern Sonic run through the same stage as the Retro sonic does? If so, they've just one-uped the gameplay of Unleashed by simply letting you choose which to play. Not to mention the game is fucking pretty.

Excited. Nothing much they could say at this point that wouldn't make me excited for this game. (unless it's super short or something.) And i'll make myself stay excited thanks to the success of the last console sonic game ST released. I hope this is good, and i hope they keep on a roll. And the GH remix is sexy, as is the fish rail thingy.

Lets hope PSO2 follows this trend of actually trying from the new sonic team.

Gimmick the Hedgehog!

All kidding aside, I don't speak Spanish so please someone explain to me what the heck is going on? I get it... there's two different styles of gameplay, but why? Is it two different time periods?

And more importantly, why isn't this Sonic 4 Episode 2? I mean... really?

~~EDIT~~

Actually, fuck this. I've wanted one thing since 1999 and it's a stupid game that involves the Super Emeralds. Remake S3K, not this rubbish. I've played Green Hill in 3D a gazillion times UGHHHHHHHHHH

Gimmick the Hedgehog!

All kidding aside, I don't speak Spanish so please someone explain to me what the heck is going on? I get it... there's two different styles of gameplay, but why? Is it two different time periods?

From the sounds of it it sounds like the past + present sorta are colliding with one another. So its two time periods at the same time. Or something like that. TIME TRAVEL.

The translated interview here:

This year 2011, Sonic reaches 20 years.

Sonic Generations concept, was, in essence,to compress 20 years of history in just one game.

To get it, what we did was to put together the classic Sonic, with its traditional platforms in 2D and characteristic playability with the modern sonic and all its own features.

IMO, there are fans who enjoys the classic Sonic in 2D, the action-platforming game in horizontal scroll, and another ones who prefers Sonic in 3D, like the recent ones.

In 2010 we released Sonic 4 Ep1, that was oriented to the biggest classic fans, but we also released Sonic colors for who enjoys Sonic in 3D.

What we did with generations is create a game oriented to both groups of fans.

We hope that everyone enjoys this unique game and we celebrate together Sonic's 20th anniversary.

Sonic Generatios design is a truly summary of 20 years of Sonic. So it dont focusses just in classic or modern features seen in past years, but it attempts to cover everything from the 20 years of Sonic's history.

Today we had a demo of Green Hill zone, the first level the franchise saw, but along this year, we will announce another levels of the game, and you'll see they come from everywhere.

It's not about new or old things, as I say, its about everything.

Today we announced we'll have this two playable characters in Sonic Generations (modern and classic Sonic), but there will also appear a lot of other characters from Sonic universe.

I'm talking about Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, etc... that will take part in the plot or will be an importantelement of the game.

We have still a lot of surprises.

The basic aim is to create an action game, fun to play, and it must be get by the classic way, with both modern and classic Sonic.

Therefore, there wont be cooperative or competitive modes, but a pure one player action and platforming game.

return of HYPER SONIC

I second this.

TIME TRAVEL.

Why is it that whenever I see that I think of

On a more related note, the game looks gorgeous. The game appears to control well (however looks can be deceiving). I like the whole "2 different ways to play", it's sure to add replay value to the game. I just hope they don't screw up.

Also...

...THEY NEED TO ADD ICE CAP ZONE TO THIS GAME RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!

Chemical Plant, Carnival Night, and Hydrocity, Hidden Palace, Sky Sanctuary and Death Egg plz.

Pretty much, the way this is playing, pretty much any of the adventure stages would be boss to look at. City Escape, Pyramid Cave, Final Rush/Chase, ect ect.

The metropolis stages and Egg Fleet/Fortress from heroes was damn awesome as well, along with Frog Forest.

Sonic 2006 never happened.

Sonic Colors, never played it.