A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

Oh and BTW, can someone help me come up with a better story? This is all I got:

The story of Sonic: Edge of Darkness takes place 5 years into the future of Sonic's Universe. Dr. Robotnik has remade one of his greatest creations into something more lethal than anything he's ever invented... Metal Sonic Mk.III. After construction of his weapon was finished, they Kidnapped Tails and threatened to murder him if Sonic didn't give them the Chaos Emeralds within 48 hours. Now with Sonic under major pressure, Sonic must travel across the globe and through the universe with only Knuckles, Amy, and Shadow to aid him. Now Sonic must race against the clock to save the one person he cares about the more than anything.

I'll help you.

There ya go:

The story of Sonic: Edge of Darkness

Sonic must travel across Mobius and through the universe with Tails and Knuckles to aid him. ...Dot.

Seriously, I'm not trolling or nothing like that but... What the hell, try to make something original. Kinnaping Tails (wich is clearly the Princess Peach of Sonic games)? Travel across the Globe? Save the world in 48 hours (a day less than Sonic Heroes)? A motherfucking jesus-robot to do all the dirty work for Eggman?

To be honest, you don't have to make something original, but pick up parts of each game of Sonic and mix 'em all, isn't a good idea either.

Here, I'll give you some hints, then you can write something from there:

The game follows a classic/next-gen style, right? So... There's nothing like put Sonic on his original course, Mobius a land full of bizarre places, quadriculated floor, etc... You don't have to create a genesis adventure, just have to make it on a different world. Shadow and Amy, once upon the time, was good characters. But now, they're really terrible, Amy became a ridiculous stalker and Shadow became a lovely friend of Sonic Heroes, pffff...

And remember, a classic story is never too old, steal the Master Emerald still is insta-win.

For me its never the story so much as its execution. You can have the most cliche shit on earth and have it be golden if you do it right. Everyone can't have something original to throw to the table, but they can definitely make work with what they have. I'd be equally as impressed with a predictable story that delivers than a completely original one.

However...for things like Sonic the Hedgehog...simple always seems best. Sonic was never an emotional adventure to embark on anyway, it's just become that way. Sure, you can give the characters motive (SA2), but when it ventures into Sonic 06 territory....well, the problems are then obvious. A human sexually falling in love with something as odd looking as Sonic the Hedgehog is just...i dont even

As for your story specifically:

If Robotnick just created the absolute strongest robot he's ever created, i dont think he needs to kidnap tails to get what he wants anymore. It doesn't sound like something he'd put on Sonic to do, it just isnt logical -- Sonic with all 7 chaos emeralds is automatically more powerful than anything Robotnick has or ever will create.

Tails is like the most important aspect of the team other than sonic, so i dont know why he keeps getting the shaft to other characters. It's really annoying how Knuckles and even Shadow seems to fit in that spot nowadays. (Sonic equals Knuckles in strength. Always has. He also equals Shadow too, as long as he has a Chaos Emerald.) Tails is supposed to be the Hero-equivalent of Robotnick -- without him, nearly every game past the first one (especially the Adventure series) would end in hero-side failure.

I Digress. Anyway, no matter which cannon you use the characters in, the story just seems really wonky. Unless there is some other reason for kidnapping tails (other than not including him in the gameplay), i'd say the game should be (once again) the rush to obtain the emeralds before robotnick, not for him. Just makes more sense that way.

If Robotnick now has the strongest robot on earth, As well as the only character smart enough to devise a plan to counter him and his machines (or, perhaps even find him)...i'd say Robotnick already won. Not much of a game here. Sonic has already lost, and his only hope of winning are the Chaos Emeralds. Giving them to robotnick would only seal the deal, assuring he wins.

I'll help you.

There ya go:

The story of Sonic: Edge of Darkness

Sonic must travel across Mobius and through the universe with Tails and Knuckles to aid him. ...Dot.

Seriously, I'm not trolling or nothing like that but... What the hell, try to make something original. Kinnaping Tails (wich is clearly the Princess Peach of Sonic games)? Travel across the Globe? Save the world in 48 hours (a day less than Sonic Heroes)? A motherfucking jesus-robot to do all the dirty work for Eggman?

To be honest, you don't have to make something original, but pick up parts of each game of Sonic and mix 'em all, isn't a good idea either.

Here, I'll give you some hints, then you can write something from there:

The game follows a classic/next-gen style, right? So... There's nothing like put Sonic on his original course, Mobius a land full of bizarre places, quadriculated floor, etc... You don't have to create a genesis adventure, just have to make it on a different world. Shadow and Amy, once upon the time, was good characters. But now, they're really terrible, Amy became a ridiculous stalker and Shadow became a lovely friend of Sonic Heroes, pffff...

And remember, a classic story is never too old, steal the Master Emerald still is insta-win.

Hey, give me a break. It was the best my still- developing teenage mind could come up with.

its all good, dude, it's not really all that bad. Afterall, the story is only secondary to gameplay, make sure you focus on that.

THANK YOU. I was just about to say this.

Seriously Delta, even if your story was just the same old 'Robotnik is back, he's stealing the Chaos Emeralds and sending another load of badniks to kill Sonic so he can rule the world' it would still be fine aslong as the gameplay is good. I mean, that's essentially the story of Sonic 4 Episode 1!

The room restart is probably because you have your room set to persistent you can change this in the room properties tab of the room editor. Uncheck persistent. Persistence makes it so that you can save the way the room was before you closed thus if restart the room it will look the same as the point after you died.

New Shields

[qimg]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz281/darkspikes598/Shields-1.png[/qimg]

BTW, sorry I haven't been uploading any gameplay stuff. I've been very busy programming and haven't had time.

Frames 1 4 6 and 8 need fixing since I can see a clean rotated copy of it right down the middle which looks really bad. IMO.

Here is an example of what I mean

Example%20Shield.PNG

As you can see, just some small editing can fix this problem.

Back on topic. A bunch of people over at the FGX Insider told me enemies were a oriblem I'd have to figure out on my own. I also posted help topics for enemies here too. The problem with enemies is that every time Sonic dies, the screen fades to black (like it should) then freezes. I had to restart my computer multiple times to do this! Besides, all submissions are due August 1st. I can't fix all the errors in time.

Back on topic. A bunch of people over at the FGX Insider told me enemies were a oriblem I'd have to figure out on my own. I also posted help topics for enemies here too. The problem with enemies is that every time Sonic dies, the screen fades to black (like it should) then freezes. I had to restart my computer multiple times to do this! Besides, all submissions are due August 1st. I can't fix all the errors in time.

Urm, Delta? We were on topic. We were helping you =P.