A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

Jeez, upload a full sheet and no one even looks at it.

I find making single posts like this to annoy me somewhat haha. People may have looked at it but didn't post anything because they didn't find anything wrong with it/or didn't have anything meaningful to say at the time. People aren't always gonna be there to comment on everything you do, I know that because of posting stuff over at Sonic Stadium where people look over it because its not Sonic but theres nothing I can do about that. Stop worrying about what everyone seeing it might have to say and just keep working away, people will comment when they do :P

Impressive I like the use of the MGZ plant for the top of the plamtree. Few things though. First I'd make your brown bricks have just a little more contrast. Second on the base of the palmtree looks slightly blocky at its horizontal ends see if you can't make it look rounder. Third I'm not sure GHZ plant life is the best you could do the level seems to have a hint of a jungle theme that just doesn't match with the GHZ plant life. Last and least I bet you could make your own totem poll if you tried use what you've got there as a reference and see if you can't make one that's wider and shorter with bigger wings try it if you want to.

• Like 1

The problem with the palmtree is that the shading is symetric and that's kinda unnatural, but i think is pretty easy to fix that, because even if the sun is above, shadows are below, is always one way or another not symetrical, except if the level is inside a house, fabric, cave, or whatever the lights are set in all directions.

How do you watermark stuff?

Make a semi-transparent trademark that covers parts of the image; it makes it harder for people to steal it, as they'd have to redraw parts. Although honestly, it works better with 'real' drawings compared to sprite art.