A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

I have a question...

Why the hell does everybody think that Delta is programming and making the levels? Seriously people, read who posts the screenshots and the info within the post. Delta is the graphics handler, JetHawk is our music composer, and I'm the programmer who had the computer crash, OK?

I mean jeez, I hope you guys aren't thinking that I'm quoting all of Delta's messages in my posts. Oh, and the message that he posted regarding the PC crash, my NAME was mentioned in the post, meaning I was quoted.

Im geussing the release is getting pushed waaaay back?

JetHawk, like a previous post has mentioned, release dates are never right, plus those things wreck your games because they end up getting rushed. When a game is done it will be released, because nobody knows when the game will come out.

I have a question...

Why the hell does everybody think that Delta is programming and making the levels? Seriously people, read who posts the screenshots and the info within the post. Delta is the graphics handler, JetHawk is our music composer, and I'm the programmer who had the computer crash, OK?

I mean jeez, I hope you guys aren't thinking that I'm quoting all of Delta's messages in my posts. Oh, and the message that he posted regarding the PC crash, my NAME was mentioned in the post, meaning I was quoted.

I believe that was aimed at me, and yeah, I realized after that post that he was posting for you, but didn't get the chance to edit it, anyways, my bad. Still, my sentiments from a programmer to another is the same though, hell, I'm pissed about this PC moving so slow with this virus and taking 10 minutes just to load a page up, making have to rush things in small windows of time. Back home, I have to wait a few seconds when I click something and open folders or files.

X)

I believe that was aimed at me, and yeah, I realized after that post that he was posting for you, but didn't get the chance to edit it, anyways, my bad. Still, my sentiments from a programmer to another is the same though, hell, I'm pissed about this PC moving so slow with this virus and taking 10 minutes just to load a page up, making have to rush things in small windows of time. Back home, I have to wait a few seconds when I click something and open folders or files.

X)

Sorry if I insulted you, :P, it was sort of aimed at you but there are others (not pointing fingers) that made this mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

Bad News... Again!

Ironically, on Friday the 13th, my computer picked up a VERY nasty virus. And the thing is, that computer had most of my graphics files on their, which might bring the project down because I'd have to restart.

Does anyone know how and where I could remove the virus for a cheap price?

:#$%!::Argh:

Does anyone know how and where I could remove the virus for a cheap price?
Call your Digimon. Or insted, use Avast, Malwarebytes, Spybot - Search & Destroy and even something to clean your register like MV Reg Clean.

What if Delta can't access his computer due to the virus?
Avast has an option that allows you to scan your computer via boot. If you don't start the windows, the virus cannot start too (also his defences or whatever it's called) so it should pretty much work. Also, I recommend you to do it, Delta.

... Or, he could start windows at safe mode, again, in this mode, nothing will start unless you choose to start. So the scan should work fine as well.

Anyways, glad I was able to help. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well as far as music is concerned we've been keeping it very quite.

We've been going through many versions to fit the levels right.

But do think you guys deserve to hear some of the work been done here

Sonic Edge Of Darkness - Boss Theme

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/423706

The track is designed for a Sonic Advance 2 Styled "Chase Boss"

100% Original composition, No remixing here!

Feedback would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or is the resolution a little... off? It should be more wide, to give the player more room to see.

Otherwise, looks great.

Edit: Also, those Azure Lake tiles in the video are pretty rad. Did you make them yourself?

Is it just me, or is the resolution a little... off? It should be more wide, to give the player more room to see.

Otherwise, looks great.

Edit: Also, those Azure Lake tiles in the video are pretty rad. Did you make them yourself?

The Azure Lake tiles came with the engine, and the level's graphics are going to be changed to Delta Hedgehog's new Jade Palm Shore tileset.

I'll make the resolution bigger too if everyone wants it I guess.

The height is right, but the typical width of the screen is supposed to be 320, while yours is only 260.

Well usually I make the width small because most backgrounds look odd in 320x240. But since Delta is making custom graphics, he can probably make a background that meant to be used in the 320x240 resolution. And here's a screenshot:

QBQ17.png

Better anyone?

Much better. Now it appears to resemble more of a square. I really don't think those sprites match in style though. What's with that? Also' date=' I think there is a pallet mistake in between sonic and the mountain BG. I see green.[/quote']

I don't really see any green in the palettes. Maybe it's just me. Anyways, I have a question for everyone, when Sonic is grinding, should he be self propelled along the rail, or should there be another method. Suggestions would be nice.

EDIT: The graphics for this level is likely to be changed. I just needed placeholder graphics.