A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

And also credit to me for helping Delta with the tileset =P.

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5505419/Temp/JPSZ%20Tiles%20v0.2.PNG[/qimg]

Edit: Explain this:

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5505419/Temp/Ahem.PNG[/qimg]

I designed the HUD to pay tribute Sonic XG, but now that I think about it, people will think it's a blatant rip off. I'm going to go back and change it.

Pay tribute, you mean copy right? Since you didn't design it. Euan/Nitemare did. I hope the next one is more original.

I'm not sure I see what the problem is, if he made it from scratch himself. So what about people copying the original games' HUDs, then? Or the Sonic Advance style?

I'm not sure I see what the problem is, if he made it from scratch himself. So what about people copying the original games' HUDs, then? Or the Sonic Advance style?

I did make it from scratch, using the text from Chaotix. (Obviously). But I designed a new HUD anyway, so I'll let the people choose.

Original Round or New Square-ish?

HUDthingy.png

The main problem there is the fact that it still shows XG on it. Adding wierd a border doesn't really change it much at all. The colors look XG for SCORE, TIME and RINGS. Also, the size and length of the dithered part is the same as the XG one. So I'd say someone took more than influence.

The main problem there is the fact that it still shows XG on it. Adding wierd a border doesn't really change it much at all. The colors look XG for SCORE, TIME and RINGS. Also, the size and length of the dithered part is the same as the XG one. So I'd say someone took more than influence.

The colors for Score, Time, and Rings use a larger color spectrum and the dithered part of the HUD wasn't only used in XG, It was also used in ET: CF too.

But I'll stick with the original anyway.

I like this new one.

And, like Overbound had said, whatever floats your boat for the HUD should be what matters.

(I'm sure of it that I've seen it in another game other than Euan's.)

Something cool to look into, if you feel, is you should color the frame for the HUD's to match that of whatever character is being used (Sonic would be blue, Tails would be an orange-ish and Knuckles would be red).

But, hey, whatever floats your boat.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I might as well show these. My Work in progress sheet of custom Sonic 2 Sprites. Emphasis on Work In Progress. Uploaded as a JPG to prevent theft.

Sonicdontsteal.jpg

I took a lot of time into making these. If anyone would be willing to assist me with fixes such as shading or just regular deformities, don't hesistate. Anyone willing will be sent the original PNG.

Delta it is okay. You are not doing anything wrong and I deleted all the posts with the false accusations because of it. In the future let's leave it to Admins and sprite creators to identify copied work. Per my and DW's decision.

Now lets move the discussion back to the game. Personally I hope you don't change the sprite I like the other one better.

I like the Rush feel that the ringbar has, and the item bar just looks like an technical addition, just to tell you how long your powerup will last.

Oh, and if that is the screen size we'll be playing it at, then it would be a very good idea to size it down. The last thing a good fangame needs is screen blockage when it needs it most. But overall, I like it! Nice job.