A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

Everyone keeps complaining about the backgrounds, but i really cant bring myself to care that much.

They really dont bother me. If we're looking for absolute consistency then yeah, but the point of it gets across to me more than the cosmetic stuff. For example, i didn't even notice the Genesis boxes inside the first screenshots you posted until someone said something. I enjoy the mashups to tell the truth, it gives it its own feeling, and they dont stick out so much that it bugs me. Besides, making custom graphics takes a long time, and games are rarely ever finished as it is.

Everyone keeps complaining about the backgrounds, but i really cant bring myself to care that much.

They really dont bother me. If we're looking for absolute consistency then yeah, but the point of it gets across to me more than the cosmetic stuff. For example, i didn't even notice the Genesis boxes inside the first screenshots you posted until someone said something. I enjoy the mashups to tell the truth, it gives it its own feeling, and they dont stick out so much that it bugs me. Besides, making custom graphics takes a long time, and games are rarely ever finished as it is.

Truth. The only one that I'm really bothered by was the second you posted simply because it was jarring. I could care less about where the monitor is from.

I wouldn't mind other characters, but if your going to add multiple characters get sonic tails and knuckles in to start with. Then consider others.

if you do try for other characters would try to give them moves that can reach new areas. Being able to find new routes is what made tails and knuckles so fun to play as in the first place.

Although Amy was fun to play as in advanced, just because she played so differently.

Basically the characters should be designed to add new ways to play more then just changing the way the player looks.