A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

usernames

Ligar

I've been recently making soul searching decisions with how I go about things in my life. One of the biggest ones for me right now is a username or more appropriately an alias. I've been going by LinkG07 since my childhood, however it isn't a name that has a ring to it. I know this because a lot of people have been getting it wrong. As I look around I see that some people go be simple names like "Cheeks", and I want to think of something that would be as catchy. This is for professional purposes as I'm really trying to plan out my future as an artist.

So I ask: How did you all come up with your usernames?

For a while when I was young I went by Neo Kaos and Neogammer0012.

I got banned from places a lot lol.

Anyway when I decided to shape up I went with Overbound because I thought it didn't sound like a noob name.

Now I wonder if it too sounds noob. I think I'm suck with it though as its kind of become like a second name to me and I use it everywhere on the nets.

That said I think its important to come up with something unquie to make yourself stand out. Otherwise you end up with a name everyone has and if you visit many forums under that name you end up seeing a lot of duplicates. I've never seen another overbound.

Most of my net friends got sick of typing my name and started calling me FGR,...I dont even go by FanGameRevolver when I join new forums anymore. I like FGR though. short and simple...and makes no sense XD.

I Feel like a "higher then thou" person with my full name >:U.

I basically took something I like (Fangames) and slapped a "kewl word" onto it. (revolver) and bingo! shithead-mcfatass was born.

My friends gave me this nickname cause my full name is Philip. This nickname sounds good and simple. It also doesn't associate with anything.

So I liked it and use it everywhere.

Also it's kinda rare. I hardly find another person with this nick in the Internet.

MotherFucking Zebrahead Bitch

Name of one of their older albums. I also have a different username pretty much everywhere I go so its not like it really means something to me, it just happened to be what I was using at the time when I joined these forums :D

Made it up when I was about 8. Me and a friend used to sketch out our own comic books in class and I used "Ironrind" as the name of my fictitious comic book company. Hadn't used the name for anything for some 15 years, but couldn't think of anything else.

started these forums back when I was a huge dragonball z nerd, goten was my favorite character at the time. Attached the word shadow to the front. The end.

I only go by SG in very select places, this being one of them.

My new username is commander nojj (my name backwards with an extra J attached)

MSN Chat suggested the name UnshavenWorm4 back when I was in middle school. I really enjoyed that suggestion, so I ran with it.

Then I modified it to misterworm, as at the time, I added a lot of "Mr."s and "Ms."es to names at the time.

As forums started to accept punctuation and spaces, I switched to Mr. Worm.

Then, after I got my commission, I changed it to reflect my actual title as second lieutenant.

So, remember, your username is not set in stone (I know the Internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS, but fuck it). Adapt the one you got now, look around you for inspiration, or get some randomly generated shit and simplify and customize.

I stole the name "Cyber Rat" from my brother when he was on a one-week trip after watching the movie "Hackers" and wanted to become a hacker himself. I added a 101 at the end as a binary code (it wasn't really a random number, but people thought it was). After I stopped coming to SFGHQ the name became "gaming only". I stopped using the Internet as much as I used to, so there was no real need for an online username.

After a while (4 years), I got broadband and joined another online community. I needed a name for that one and I wasn't keen on using Cyber Rat again, so I switched to "M.D.K.II". Those are actually my initials, but I love how I get responses like "I love that game" or "Murder Death Kill?" and so on.

I use Cyber Rat only for this forum and Steam.

I stole the name "Cyber Rat" from my brother when he was on a one-week trip after watching the movie "Hackers" and wanted to become a hacker himself. I added a 101 at the end as a binary code (it wasn't really a random number, but people thought it was). After I stopped coming to SFGHQ the name became "gaming only". I stopped using the Internet as much as I used to, so there was no real need for an online username.

After a while (4 years), I got broadband and joined another online community. I needed a name for that one and I wasn't keen on using Cyber Rat again, so I switched to "M.D.K.II". Those are actually my initials, but I love how I get responses like "I love that game" or "Murder Death Kill?" and so on.

I use Cyber Rat only for this forum and Steam.

Monkey Dick King. II times.

I used tonic41 cause sonic + my real name and my fav number was 5 so 4+1- segasonic(___)fan4life was cause i wanted to use tonic41 for youtube but some one had it so i came up with a random one and people know me as this... I want my old name back!!!

I HATE THIS NAME....