A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds Delta V1.2

Aikocho

A small bug to report, the pushable box on top of the first major loop is prone to fits of disappearing and not returning. I haven't identified the cause yet. Regardless, I'd like us to work on hammering out any existing bugs before committing this as a release.

But really, great job guys. In fact, I'm more than half-ways inclined to reopen the project entirely. There are a few things I think the engine could still use just for the sake of completeness.

EDIT: I'm going to start a list of things that could use a little change, mostly in order to achieve higher accuracy, but also bugs. I'll continue adding to this list as I find things. Some of these problems have been around for a lot longer than this build.

• Metal Sonic should not be invulnerable after he uncurls from a jump.
  • Box disappearing bug
  • Horizontal springs should activate when player object is a little further out.

I'd also like to apply a scalar multiple between 0 and 1 to the velocities inherited from being on a moving platform when jumping. I'm very fond of any attempt to incorporate more momentum (in fact, I added this effect back when I made hanging bars in the first place), but the effect is currently too pronounced I feel. Right now I'm thinking around .7

So, would you all like me to handle these details? Or would you all like to give them a shot?

DW, that bug is occurring because background collisions are disabled when outside of view, which can be remedied by enabling a checkbox in the frame's properties.

However, it was left disabled to test activation and deactivation should the bg collisions BE disabled, in order to push out better in-game performances on low-end machines.

It does admittedly fall a lot though, and I really should not have placed that one box on top of the loop-de-loop like I did. If it was placed better, then the issue would be practically non-existent. My bad. -_-

In any case, a very tiny update has been applied to the build, which the most notable bug fix being that boss triggers now all activate so that the boss cannot be initiated more than once.

Sonic Worlds Delta V1.0b

There are a few things I think the engine could still use just for the sake of completeness.

I'll leave the rest to you guys then, since the build already has everything I cared to see in it. =]

• Like 1

nice to to see u managed to work through the mess i left it in :) but like i say 'damn it Jim, i'm an artist not a programmer' anyhow even though the build i worked on had some sloppy code from me i thought i put something in there to do with the pushable blocks so they don't fall if u have background collision turned off?

Actually Appo, Kaosu ended up grabbing the pushable blocks from an old tut I made. I really should take it upon myself to redo them sometime, as they shouldn't need to be dependent on backdrop overlap checks, and could probably be optimized a bit further.

@Azu: Always make sure if you're adding something like a special effect, to destroy it when it expires. ;> It runs full framerate on my old laptop and stays nice and steady even after running the application for awhile.

It's was a HWA Layer effect using the Layer Object. I just made the Playfield layer glow when the characters transforms. Although it happend when I was playing Super Knuckles. I noticed a lot of stars, more that usual.

Whoa! That's awesome! Be sure if I'll use anything of this excellent stuff I'll give credit to it's creators.

Rep points given.

P.S. What's song's name? It sounds familiar

Edit I can't add to LarkSS' rep because of some reason

(I added to MCKaosu's rep)

Whoa! That's awesome! Be sure if I'll use anything of this excellent stuff I'll give credit to it's creators.

Rep points given.

P.S. What's song's name? It sounds familiar

Edit I can't add to LarkSS' rep because of some reason

(I added to MCKaosu's rep)

It wouldn't surprise me if Lark's already at the rep limit, but I can't really check because he was the last person I gave rep points to.

Two words: Bad Ass.

I've just remembered where I have heared this song... in previous version of Worlds XD

All of those songs in this current build were composed by me. It suuure wasn't easy, but it's just giving an original touch.XD

• Like 1

Everyone should give Kaosu double the rep just for the soundtrack alone. =]

He's just over 250. I'm not sure if we have higher ranks than that or not, but I'm going to say we probably do.

Doesn't it go up to like, over 9000? For obvious reasons of course.

• Like 1