A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds Delta V1.2

Aikocho

He'd still have to add the special double jump attack.

Much easier to accomplish than the annoying flashing colors without a pixel shader. ;]

Also, pretty much what DW said. Since the jump move can be executed a lot, I wouldn't continuously create and destroy it, as it would be much faster to keep the object in memory, and it shouldn't take THAT much memory. If anything, you can preferably only create it when Hyper Sonic is initiated, and destroy it when Hyper Sonic is no more.

I would not keep it positioned on the player though. Make the object EXACTLY the window dimensions, place it on the top-most layer underneath the HUD like DW said, and untoggle the "Follow the Frame" checkbox in the object's properties. The object should scroll perfectly with the camera at all times.

Then when a flash is needed, set an alterable value in the object to a number larger than 0. When greater than 0, make it visible and count down; when equal to 0, make invisible.

Alright I have finalized my Hyper Sonic in Sonic Worlds Delta, here is the link to the exe (.rar) http://www.mediafire.com/?3ymnj2qzyyz and here is a link to the mfa file (.rar) http://www.mediafire.com/?zw2tdqdiyyy. Remember the B key for chaos emeralds and the N key for super emeralds =P. Also I didn't add the afterimages, cause I didn't think it was nessesary :P

Edit:You know I meant the Hyper Sonic stuff (events, flash, whatever) and not the sprite right? Blazefire can go to hell for messing with Rael and stealing shit!!

I'm just going to give a bit of insight to V1.1.

-Pushable objects have been revamped. They should be more efficient now, much more stable ( no awkward screen shifts/wobbles; things fall immediately upon leaving a ledge ), and they no longer fall on their own if bg collisions are disabled outside of the frame.

-Air drag ala the original games has been implemented. This slows down air travel a bit so that you cannot go insanely fast by keeping in the air whenever possible. Minor modifications to X Control and Tails' flying action were done.

-Camera correction which causes the Y of the camera to always focus on the player when on the ground, but avoiding any snapping when landing. Damizean was nice enough to throw this bit in. A minor modification to the pole pod's action group was done to keep camera movement steady while inside of the gimmick.

-Bubble shield now supports multiple bounce heights based on the length of time the jump button is pressed down. Speed is limited at the beginning of the drop. Animations were also added in when bouncing thanks to Kaosu.

-Springs now have bounce animations thanks to Kaosu.

-The first two action buttons (Z and X by default) can be used for jump actions, and the third button (C by default) is reserved for easy use of special actions.

-Many other miscellaneous fixes that are either not worth mentioning or aren't coming to mind at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, this is just perfect. But... I guess you guys should use some general programming here (Which is, I know, etremely annoying). But it'd be great if you want a quickest way for modifying the engine without having to copy the levels, every one which its engine.

Trust me, I'm making some experiments with this here, and it works perfectly, except for the qualifiers.

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta say, i'm wholeheartedly impressed with the work that's gone into this engine. I'm in love with the additive-blending special effects, such as the ring sparkles and Super transformations. xD I can't wait to see what kinds of full-fledged Sonic games that are made with it. ^_^

I'd play around with the engine myself, but i'm a bit intimidated by the amount of graphic work that would be required for original levels and bosses. xD Still, it's mighty tempting.

• 2 weeks later...
For some reason, this version of SW runs slowly and the previous versions do not and never have. I am using R247 MMF, must I update?

I have been using the SW version in the sticky until I resolve this issue and would like to use this one.

Uncheck the V-Sync option, that maybe could fix it.

V-sync has different effects on different graphics cards. On some (like my ATI), it causes the game to become choppy and feel slower, though it should still run at a playable speed. On others, it takes no effect on performance and gives a better appearance as tearing is eliminated.

In any case, I don't think that's what's causing your slow experience. What are your system specs?

I wanted to let you know XeroNazoBlaze that i'm giving you a rep point because your solution fixed my issue.

At any rate, I got all of my tiles ported over to this engine and it's going very well so far. If I bump into any more ruts, i'll be sure to bring it up here.

Thanks a ton! :ssmile:

EDIT: Hopefully the +rep went through ok, I know some others had issues doing it before.

• 2 weeks later...

Normally, I would start a new topic but I don't think it's needed for this question.. but is the water removal process the same when using this updated engine or is there something different that needs done to do so?

When I go into the event editor, I am looking in the general methods/water section and it says "Destroy the water object if it isn't needed". I don't quite understand what I am supposed to do to 'destroy' it. I tried deleting the actual water object but it's still there when I do.

Sorry for the double post, but I ran into another problem. I did change the master values to 0 as instructed by Asuma to do so, and it indeed took the water out. But for some reason, Sonic now has bubbles coming out of his mouth. (Techinically)

bubble2.png

It's sort of as if Sonic has swollowed a bottle of dish soap. :tgrin:

At this rate, i'm pretty sure something else needs to be done to change this back to norm. Any ideas??