A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds Delta V1.2

Aikocho

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Techokami: Strange, the bumper always send me to right when I jump over it or hit it from down. Maybe using the collision sensors along with the main sensor and comparing if the bumperis being hit by adding an actual animation to it could make it work more properly...?

(I know it sounds confusing, but it's basically mixing what you did to what I did in Kes' Neon Starlight Zone)

@Techokami: Strange, the bumper always send me to right when I jump over it or hit it from down. Maybe using the collision sensors along with the main sensor and comparing if the bumperis being hit by adding an actual animation to it could make it work more properly...?

(I know it sounds confusing, but it's basically mixing what you did to what I did in Kes' Neon Starlight Zone)

Huh, weird. I'm not getting that issue in another copy of the engine I am working on... and the code is identical. :/

Dunno what to say!

EDIT: I could have double posted to highlight this, but anyway... I figured out the issue! The pinball bumper object has its hot spot and action point set to the top left corner. The maths that calculate where Sonic should go are derived from this. If you alter the hotspot and action point to be in the center of the object, the problem will go away.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to know it's fixed (:

And, oddly enough, this bumper physics could also be applied to collision between the character and the enemies (while attacking), right? It would probably remove some serious collision glitches when you hit one.

EDIT: For this, both XSpeed and YSpeed should enter the equation (still figuring it out). I'm saying that because I've managed to

attachment.php?attachmentid=1528&stc=1&d=1320703060

And it felt awkward, because the bumper wasn't able to send me up with more strenght so I could go up the gap.

EDIT2: Remove the Spin sound from your rolling tube edit so it won't make that horrible noise.

post-1782-138639765233_thumb.png

• 6 months later...