A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SonicGDK 1.20.109 (along with playable levels inside)

Xaklse

Just tested the 3rd Release.

That's very impressive, I've never seen a 3D Sonic fangame with a solid engine like this. Most part of them make Sonic like it was almost just a ball rolling around almost without gravity and limits, which is annoying.

The model is pretty fine, though the arms look strange sometimes. But ah, the engine itself is most important, since it's a GDK beta.

I'm trying to find the words to describe it.

OH MAH GAWD THUS IS AWESUM PERFEKT!!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Preview Release 4 is up; check first post for more details.

YOU NEED THE LAST VERSION OF DIRECTX RUNTIME (JUNE 2010) TO PLAY

- Download links:

DepositFiles / HotFile / MegaUpload / RapidShare / Uploading / ZShare

- What's new:

* Sonic's most special moves.

* Smashing system.

* Pushing system.

* Reverse world gravity.

* Damage system.

* Spikes.

* Bumpers.

* Drowning system.

* Giant air bubbles.

* Dropped & magnetic rings.

* Shields with moves.

* Better Sonic physics and 2.5D.

* Many code improvements and minor changes.

YouTube HD Video

HELP is needed:

- Full static 3D model of a classic star post, correctly UV mapped and with its textures. Done with any program as long as it can be exported to 3dsmax. Credits will be given, of course.

- Feedback from all of you about gamepad handling; the code is still evolving and without your opinions I can't make it better.

• Like 1

HELP is needed:

- Full static 3D model of a classic star post, correctly UV mapped and with its textures. Done with any program as long as it can be exported to 3dsmax. Credits will be given, of course.

- Feedback from all of you about gamepad handling; the code is still evolving and without your opinions I can't make it better.

I quickly made this if you want it, i'll have to UV unwrap it. I just assigned colours at the mo, nout fancy

Post.png

I think the top part should be perfectly spherical, not pill-shaped.

Do you mean like this or an actual sphere? This is just a quick model i did for Xaklse to use if he wanted, he might have a completely different idea but it's there if he (or anyone else) wants it

Post-1.png

post1.png

I have a problem here.

Installed SonicGDK, then just installed the latest DirectX SDK. But still, when I open it, it stops working.

I uninstalled the SonicSDK, then reinstalled it, but it still crashes on loading (in the end of it, probably).

Hmmm, I see the release 3 worked for you...

Send me a PM with your log and which message appears on screen if there is any. (log file is at ...\SonicGDK\ UDKGame\Logs\ Launch.log)

The last demo lagged like hell this demo didn't lag at all, did you do something to the engine or is it just me.

I really want to use this to see if I can make a good 3d level.

Just you or your computer :)

Hmmm, I see the release 3 worked for you...

Send me a PM with your log and which message appears on screen if there is any. (log file is at ...\SonicGDK\ UDKGame\Logs\ Launch.log)

Uh-oh, sorry... I was actually running it on other computer.

I'm home now, so I'll have to download it again. And, in fact, I will format my computer later today, so I'll ahve to give you another feedback when I'm done...

I have only 2 more things to say about this.

-The pushing blocks are a bit buggy, I dont know exactly the situation needed for this, but sometimes when you stop near a block and walk to the sides, then when you try to push again, sonic wont push, and wont even ghange the direction.

- And this is personal opinion, I dont like the speed decrease at the end of air dash. That is kinda frustrating when going fast : /

In any case, this is a brilliant work.

And BTW, there's any way to change Sonic movement vars, like max speed or acceleration?

Yeah, sometimes the pushing blocks refuse to move, but I think it isn't annoying. Unfortunately I can't make them better.

Air dash works that way because it needs to be different from the flame dash. Feel free to change that later, really easy to do.

17 configurable vars for physics among other configurable stuff.