A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

Wow...even eggman's broke...

Well.. you know.. the economy..

if they're recycling everything about this game from previous games and it still ends up sucking sega deserves to have its development team replaced

Fix'd

Also, maybe the Sonic Rush physics are raping this game because Dimps is also working on this ._.

Special Stages, hm? I wonder what they'll be. The special stages from Sonic 1 were amazing.

I think someone linked Endri's post on another forum saying they were like Sonic 1, except you didn't control Sonic, you rotated the world.

Eh, the same thing could be said about spindash. That comment alone doesn't mean a whole lot.

I mean, I don't really like anything that puts you into autopilot... but really, you can't introduce new moves at all without removing some element of difficulty.

If they put those stupid as hell enemy-bouncing-chains in though, I'll be pretty irate.

More importantly: http://www.sonicstadium.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Sonic-4-screenshots-GI.jpg

On the bottom left, something that might actually be a somewhat new gimmick. I mean, technically it's a variant of two existing gimmicks, but the implementation looks to be something like... you run into it and then it slides to the right. Which is different. Depending on how it works, I might even like it.

The lack of effort put into making things fit is a getting more annoying though. Like what is Bubbles doing on a grassy mountain stage? Kinda weird to move an aquatic badnik to a non-aquatic stage.

The lack of effort put into making things fit is a getting more annoying though. Like what is Bubbles doing on a grassy mountain stage? Kinda weird to move an aquatic badnik to a non-aquatic stage.
Please tell me you're criticizing it's existence in Marble Garden Zone too.

If they put those stupid as hell enemy-bouncing-chains in though, I'll be pretty irate.

If I were the one behind this game and yea, I know I'm not and maybe with good reason, I would probably wouldn't of had the homing attack as a main move. I'd have the normal jump and spindash. I'd bring back the shields and the homing attack would be the replacement for the traditional flame shield attack.

Still, it's not the only thing. Speed panels and the metallic looking zipline don't seem especially suited to the scenery to me.

I'm more bothered by the fact that there are apparently two right on top of each other.

didn't Angel Island have a zipline? the speed pad is definitely a legitimate complaint but I'm actually happy to see a zipline. It's just weird that it's going straight to the right instead of downward. I don't see how Sonic is supposed to build momentum that way.

didn't Angel Island have a zipline? the speed pad is definitely a legitimate complaint but I'm actually happy to see a zipline. It's just weird that it's going straight to the right instead of downward. I don't see how Sonic is supposed to build momentum that way.

I think maybe you have to hit it with enough speed to make it to the other side, if you don't have enough speed, maybe you have to jump down and take a different route. So the object is a test of the momentum you built up to it.