A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

As long as Crush 40 doesn't appear in this game at all I'm going to be happy on the soundfront I think. I hate their music and think it is the crappiest shit to ever smear itself over the franchise. Thats how crappy it is, someone didn't have to smear it it just did it itself.

Actually, I hope we have no vocal themes in general. I just want a purely instrumental game for once on the consoles :D

to be honest, it sounds no more annoying than Green Hill Zone, which is the epitome of bad sonic songs. (I don't care if it was the first, it's pretty unbearable in itself.)

I'm not joking. I can't stand that song at all. pretty much anything else of the old games is fine, but the song people want used most is just HYURGH.

its not even like a movement. The crappy throwback badnicks are annoying, but them doing the music 16-bit or whatever isnt much of an issue, its just that they are sucking at it.

MM10 had 8-BIT music and sounded absolutely awesome.

And i dont think there has ever ever been a 2D sonic game with annoying music. Im not counting rivals or American Sonic CD though. Or the Rush series, although i found a few of those really well done too.

GHZ is not annoying. Its just annoying when they stick it in for nostalgia and dont remix it or anything, or just do a bad job of it. Like we haven't heard the song 89237429834732894 times already.

I'd say my least favorite of all the songs in Sonic would be Angel Island zone. Its remix was effing awesome, but still cant stand it looping more than 2 times in a row. Thats really odd too, because i actually like how it sounds.

As for the whole Crush 40 thing. I really loved Open Your Heart and It Doesn't Matter because they just sounded like they came from a different era with the sounds of the guitars and high-pitched wails and all that. And they sounded like they related specifically to the game without being campy in any way

Tails' theme was the best. Also, yeah Crush 40 just sounds like generic rock, but it was good generic rock.

Awrh Yearh! I just looked up Tails' theme again. So good

Edit: And I know that I probably shouldn't dive into this but I really appreciate the overall experience SA offered. It had fun things and never really took itself all that seriously... ::PAGE OF STUFF GOES HERE::

I thought that theme was in SSBB DW I know it was in SSAR.

SSAR... SSAR.... Oh, right, the racing game.

Neither of those is a Sonic game. No reason to even care if you ask me. In SSBB in particular, you can just turn the song off or even replace it with homebrew channel to be the original Doesn't Matter.