A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

Seriously Sega needs some PR help these guys just aren't in touch with their fans. At least not the ones (Us, Retro) they are attempting to target with this game.

So.. what you're saying is that using the "you're not the target audience" argument won't work here? Joy

So.. what you're saying is that using the "you're not the target audience" argument won't work here? Joy

Yep I don't think it will work. Its not 8-12 year old kids who are going to enter these contest and we can only hope they don't have facebook. No if they were targeting kids we'd have a coloring contest.

so they're gonna release at 3 am on gamepot. I Pray they don't name it sonic 4. While i absolutely want them to make such a game, if they fuck it up i will never forgive them for messing with the chronology of the original games who have a perfect record with me so far.

so they're gonna release at 3 am on gamepot. I Pray they don't name it sonic 4. While i absolutely want them to make such a game, if they fuck it up i will never forgive them for messing with the chronology of the original games who have a perfect record with me so far.

I think you're forgetting Sonic the Hedgehog/Next/'09. :P

And its not like Sonic had a deep underlying story. It was like, "Robotnik fucked shit up. Go beat him up."

Well, at the end of S3&K, it was made to appear that Robotnik died and Egg Robo was going to take over, with him rising up out of the rubble at the end and all.

Knowing Sega it will probably start something like this:

Story:

Sonic and Shadow were busy sitting under a palm tree cutting themselves one day when suddenly a Motobug from an altered past appears and needs to take them back to the past to save the future from an evil brown hedgehog called Steamer.

Holy crap the trailer is enough to actually give us something to salivate over. The ONLY thing I'm scared of is the "episode 1" tacked on...I've never been a fan of episodic content, but whatever, i'll give it a shot.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/sonicthehedgehog4episode1/news.html?sid=6249445&mode=previews

edit:

GS: The subtitle is Episode 1. Does this mean it's episodic content?

KB: As mentioned, I think the best way to view it is as a first part in a much larger adventure. When Sega released Sonic 3, ultimately it was the part 1 of a story that saw its conclusion in Sonic & Knuckles. In that same spirit, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is a bigger story, and this is that first chapter. I think it's also safe to say that by the end of the episode one, fans will be very excited to see what's in store for episode two!

Is it wrong for me to jump for joy just reading this??

Episodic content fail.

Sonic 4 fail.

RUN SONIC 5 FANGAMES INCOMING.

edit: watched the first 20 seconds. Lol at Sonic 2 beta sprites. Lol at terrible hot-spotting on the Sonic 3 sprite.

Excited for Green Hill/Emerald Hill/Angel Island 2 though.