A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 is almost upon us

shadowgoten

If anyone has runtime problems, copy the mmfs2.dll to the Data\Runtime folder where edrt.exe is.

I saw you at the clickteam forum =D I think Duffski deserves a clap for figuring out how to solve that xD

The built in alpha is also good, using it on a 96x64 sprite and 32x32 bouncing balls and theres no slowdown even with about 150 of them bouncing around a 640x480 screen with scrolling.

:omg:

I may get the demo later, but not now. I don't see the point if it's just going to end up expiring and I can't save .exes. When I get the money to buy it, then I may get the demo so I can understand fully what I'm getting.

I just ported the 360º engine to MMF2, but decided to erase some features so it doesn't need any extension anymore. I still don't like the overall function of the program, seems it has evolved litte from MMF :/

Edit: On other side, seems they've improved the rendering system, I don't get any lag and the engine works at stable 60 fps :) (I've tryied this with DX + Vram usage)

I just ported the 360º engine to MMF2, but decided to erase some features so it doesn't need any extension anymore. I still don't like the overall function of the program, seems it has evolved litte from MMF :/

Edit: On other side, seems they've improved the rendering system, I don't get any lag and the engine works at stable 60 fps :) (I've tryied this with DX + Vram usage)

Sounds good, can't wait to get my hands on it.

*shot*

[edit]

Does it use the realtime rotating now?

Hope you release it soon=P

I too have gotten the discount code and I must say, I am quite pleased with MMF2. :D

The only downside is that if you use third party extensions not in the bonus packs, you're totally screwed.

The extensions must be converted before you can use them in run-time on MMF2 and while the standard extensions and the bonus pack extensions are all being converted, the rest are left to either be picked up by the original creator or to die. The latter being the most likely thing to happen.

However, it's possible to still EDIT applications with any third party extensions meaning if you do can replace a third party extension with what MMF2 can do now, then you have hope. =D

Though I can imagine this will doom the 360 engine since it relies on the Maths Army Knife extension, something that will likely not be ported over. =P