A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 is almost upon us

shadowgoten

It seems that June 30th is the big release day for MMF2, there are 3 flavors all explained here: http://mmf2.ovine.net/ I'm not sure of the pricetag yet but I might think about purchasing the MMF2 version, I have some neat ideas just recently that I've wanted to throw into MMF or GF.

it's out now, pricing:

TGF - $59.00, for the UK: 34.00

MMF2 - $119.00 for the UK: 74.00

MMF2D - $369.00 for the UK: 229.00

That's not a bad price for MMF2

@Wesker : Here's the chart they provide...

The Games Factory 2

--------------------

-Full MMF2 engine

-Built in objects

-Great for games, splash screen at the end

Multimedia Fusion 2

--------------------

-Full MMF2 engine + alpha channels

-Built in objects and expandable with SDK

-Great for games and applications, licence requires logo to be included for commercial distribution

Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

-------------------------------

-Full MMF2 engine + alpha channels + Create MDI applications

-Built in objects, expandable with SDK and application pro extensions

-Great for games and power applications, no logo required on commercial distribution

*So, it's basically like the TGF, TGF Pro, MMF set-up we have now.

"In MMF2 you can create many layers to build up your frame levels. On each layer you can place active objects, background objects and all the object types MMF supports. Layers on the top appear in front of layers at the bottom. This means you can have background objects in front of active objects."

It's about friggin time. I've pretty much given up on fangaming though so not much use to me I suppose. Still cool though.

It's time to get working on my game again :]

I've been waiting for this day for soooo long... Finally a decent game making tool, with adjustable FPS.

Edit: Man, I just wish they have implemented Super 2xSaI mode... The fangames would look high-res at any resolution :'[

"In MMF2 you can create many layers to build up your frame levels. On each layer you can place active objects, background objects and all the object types MMF supports. Layers on the top appear in front of layers at the bottom. This means you can have background objects in front of active objects."

It IS about friggin time. Having to use Actives to have grass infront of a player is just really lame.

I'm 100% sure that it uses a 3D API as a backbone. Because of that, it should be possible to use pixel shaders in extensions to provide filtering

If it's the same base engine as TGF2 then probably not. I'm kinda sure because of the rotation/scaling is made by software (Notice how the ram used increases when you rotate and scale an image)

Anything that can be animated goes in front of backdrops.

There's a method to use the Picture Box thingy (thats used for paralax in MMF) to animate the backgrounds...

But yesh, this can add alot more to the stages.

And i would LOVE to see my new project running at 60fps.