A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 is almost upon us

shadowgoten

You know either way a lot of members are going to nab it from torrent sites.

I'll probably pay if TGF2 is below £150, though I still have flashbacks of all the times I shouted at the screen becuase of the advert thing they put on after you close a game.

I'd pay only if the price was less than $100 Else i'll get my friend to torrent it for me and give me a CD.

You know either way a lot of members are going to nab it from torrent sites.

I'll probably pay if TGF2 is below £150, though I still have flashbacks of all the times I shouted at the screen becuase of the advert thing they put on after you close a game.

The one problem there is you will not own the official rights to sell your work if you ever do so, and that will cost you alot more trouble in the long run.

That's about $500, and there's no way it's that much.

I hope it's smaller than 200 mb!!!

ya i hope so too but like, mmf pro was 250 pounds before they stopped selling it on the site... so im just guess what with there being so many editions.

:(

The one problem there is you will not own the official rights to sell your work if you ever do so, and that will cost you alot more trouble in the long run.

Doesn't matter to me. Freeware forever!

Just so you all know, you will be able to open MMF 1.5 applications that contain extensions that are not ported to MMF2. There is a legacy extensions folder that you copy all your old extensions into. From there, you can proceed to delete the events associated with them or replace them with an extension that is ported. If the extension isn't ported, you're still out of luck, but at least it gives you a way to remove events associated with non-ported extensions.

Oh gamerdude, your old demo you got with that book, any idea if this upcoming downloadable demo is the exact same thing? also can you given an estimate on how much faster MMF2 runs compared to mmf games? I have no idea if all the listed features are in your early demo. (layers etc)

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

Doesn't matter to me. Freeware forever!

Your term of "freeware" is wrong there, freeware would mean they alow it to be downloaded and used at no cost.

Your term of "freeware" is wrong there, freeware would mean they alow it to be downloaded and used at no cost.

I think he's referring to his games/applications and how he will not be profiting from them whatsoever.

Oh gamerdude, your old demo you got with that book, any idea if this upcoming downloadable demo is the exact same thing? also can you given an estimate on how much faster MMF2 runs compared to mmf games? I have no idea if all the listed features are in your early demo. (layers etc)

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

The old demo in the book is most likely not what they'll use. That was an earlier beta. What they're using for a demo is going to basically be what we have for a MMF 1.5 demo now. It should be just like MMF2, bar allowing to save executables (and with a 30 day limit). As for speed increases, I didn't notice much because of the fact that I couldn't port any of my stuff over, and I've been too lazy to make anything new. Quite honestly, I didn't want to waste the time since the demo was, like I said, an earlier beta. But, from what I've been seeing over at the CT Forums, it should run much faster. It'll take up less CPU power and less memory. But that's all I've seen so far.

I know how I'm getting mines.

Whether nor I get it on launch day is looking small.

Although, when I get a job, I'll get it.

Right after I get my interview over with. I hope the call me back:(

I was never able to sit down and learn GM...=/. I'm sure if I tried, I could probably figure it out after awhile, but I still think that doing a good fangame in a Clickteam product can be difficult at times to get the way it's supposed to play.

Guest Shadix

lol, my lil brother picked up GM not too long ago and I was extremely suprised with how smooth it ran compared to TGF\MMF. Dami's 360 engine is rock solid.

Meh, If I even get one of these (everyone claims to want it but nobody that posts actively here even creates fangames anymore[if anything "demos" and "engines" are made, not games], and I have doubts that an updated tool is really going to solve this problem.) I'll probably settle for TGF2.

drag the code icon in to any event on an object and start coding, or make a script and just drag the script icon down. theres plenty of coding.

You misunderstand me. I know how GM coding works. I hate it how it's not literally script-based like BlitzBasic or even DarkBasic. You have to allocate script to events which, to me, seems a bit silly. Why can't I just do that in my code? I probably can but it probably some stupid way that's silly and hard to do. Plus I never really liked how GM is set out. MMF and TGF struck me as nice, solid professional products whereas I need to create animated GIFs to make my sprites in GM and create numerous objects to place ONE object in a "room" which is actually a "level" or a "playfield".

And please don't bother try to justify yourself because I dislike GM and I don't really care. Mmk.