A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 is almost upon us

shadowgoten

30 day demo, huh. Then you'd have to buy it. Dail-Up are going to hate it the filesize. MMF is only 300 Mb or so?

who the f*ck still has dialup......

even if they do have it, it will take them like 15 hours for 300MB. Anyways Clickteam gives CD's if you buy it so :)

I don't need to try out the demo - I'll probably buy MMF2 regardless =P. TGF/MMF has long been the most familiar way of game making for me, and some of the new additions are pretty cool. I prefer to use a joypad where possible, so inbuilt support for detecting four buttons is very welcome (I could never get the advanced gamepad/joystick extensions to work).

I love the idea of having multiple layers to play around with, especially as you can have both background and active objects in each one. The obvious

way to use it is for parallax, but I reckon it has much more potential than that. For example, you could have your character in a game travel in and out of the background at certain points (while remaining fully controllable), giving your levels another 'dimension'. So to speak =P

As for the adjustable FPS...don't get me wrong, it is a nice feature, but it's not terribly important to me. Unlike around 90% of the people here, I can't see what the fuss is about over ten extra frames a second, nor can I tell the difference. Might be interesting to tinker around with for more CPU-intensive games, mind.

On the other hand, the debugger is something of a godsend. It may not sound like much to some people, but being able to see all the alterable values and other semi-hidden stuff during runtime (as the screenshots suggest) should make bug hunting a whole lot easier. Faffing about with lots of 'temporary' counters when your game didn't work right was never particularly enjoyable.

I'll most likely go for the MMF2 Standard version, rather than Developer. I have a feeling that the latter will be pretty expensive (if the difference between MMF 1.5 standard and pro is anything to go by), and I can live without additional 'bonus pack'-like extensions. I'll admit I have no idea what MDI applications are, though.

That's cool Gonna hook me up right? Hahaha. I'll may just buy it. In like a month. I need to get a job first....

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

So, the demo will be MMF1.5. You can't save exe's.....

First off, Clwe, you need to get on AIM, we haven't talked in ages!

So, the demo will be MMF1.5. You can't save exe's.....

I doubt the demo will be MMF1.5...as they already have a demo for that. And secondly, with any demo they've ever released you couldn't save EXEs. I don't see what's so shocking about that >_>.

"I just wish I had some money, or knew someone.........."

Not likely someone is going to give you the full copy, or money.

Took a whole 4 seconds to download. xD

After screwing around with it, yea. I'm probably gonna buy it.

I'll have to mess around with the demo using SoH and see what happens, if I truely do like what it can do, I'll fork out the money for it. xD

"I just wish I had some money, or knew someone.........."

Not likely someone is going to give you the full copy, or money.

Took a whole 4 seconds to download. xD

After screwing around with it, yea. I'm probably gonna buy it.

I'll have to mess around with the demo using SoH and see what happens, if I truely do like what it can do, I'll fork out the money for it. xD

You have tested everything in the last 30 minutes? :o

*edit* can anyone manage to launch the game to play at all? test frame and test game both refuse to work.