A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New skin enabled! Update Apr 11

GSF

Alright, here goes! The new skin, 'Soft SFGHQ' is enabled, so scroll down and change with the little combo box.

However, take note that it's still not 100% finished, and I found some minor issues that I'll fix once Smidge's back.

Here's a list of fixed known issues/notes:

1. Banner (and header) DONE

I put a small version of the logo I made, plucked from my photobucket account, but it's only temporary, until Smidge uploads the real banner, and maybe it'll have some extra stuff at the side if we find something to edit in the templates.

2. Rep icons alpha channel error DONE

Instead of having a soft outline like the neutral or 'off' rep icons, the other ones have jagged white spots due to the alpha channels being removed after saving. I already remade them, once Smidge comes back he'll replace the images.

3. MSN button DONE

Again, alpha channel error. This one was set to zero, which turned the transparent pixels white. The fixed image will be reuploaded along with the rep icons.

4. Panel gradients DONE

The panel gradients (go to any subforum and click New Topic to see what I mean) are short, and repeat leaving a strange look. I made taller versions so these can be reuploaded.

5. Bar gradients DONE

Like #4, the fine gradients in the 'titlebars' are a tad short. Like the rest, fixed versions will be reuploaded.

These are the issues I found 'till now, if you find anything else that is odd, or doesn't fit, post here.

Feedback, questions, tips, feel free to post!

UPDATES

*Background set with a 'fixed' attribute, so when you scroll the page the background moves too. Like MMF's unchecked 'Follow the frame' thing.

The new images will be uploaded soon.

*Done, the MSN button is fixed, and the short gradients are now longer.

*Soft SFGHQ no longer uses photobucket stuff, progress icon updated.

*Pink SFGHQ uses less stuff from photobucket. Full update soon.

>>>*Version with scrolling BG available, choose on the skin menu below. Might increase scroll speed in some computers.

(Dec 31) Plus additions, etc, read last page.

(Apr 11) Custom user fields now show up.

NOTES

The new header with quick links (although it's not fully complete yet) doesn't display correctly on Internet Exploiter. Like it would anyway... Firefox and Opera work fine, I'm not sure about other browsers though.

In short, don't use IE.

• Like 8

Woah, nostalgia bomb... Set this as the default skin like everybody else said.

Holy shit, this is awesome. Great work, gsoft! Added you to the "valued members" group because you're awesome.

edit: Oh shit, someone beat me to it. You're already in that group.

Btw, where does that display? I went to his profile and it said he wasn't a member of any public groups.

I've been using this new look this morning and it's a definite improvement from the others. I like the updated SFGHQ logo.

The only thing that bothers me slightly are that some buttons such as reply.gif are slightly hard to read (I am short sighted, cant wear glasses as they mess up my eyesight even more) but I can live with it.

@Cyber Rat 101: The groups can be seen in the 'Forum Leaders' link below all the subforums in the main index.

Thanks for all the comments guys! Once I fix the issues and have some extra time, more skin ideas will come together.