A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds - Your Contributions (before) 1/27/09)

Rael0505

• 3 weeks later...

Why didn't anybody try crushers, Break-through Boxes(by spindashing it) and rocks(by jumping on it). I tried it. Jumping on rocks is a bit buggy. So is the crushers.

Link

Later on, I will post some switches and a door needing a key to get by. The switches will be for water levels and a door as well.

I've finished up yet another gimmick for the engine. Now Sonic Worlds will have fully-functional lava. The lava appears in its classic Sonic 1 sprite form, Sonic can actually walk in the lava, and the Fire Shield has an immunity to it.

http://files.filefront.com/SWSonic1Lavamfa/;12865223;/fileinfo.html

It should also be noted that I set Sonic's death animation to appear in layer 5, just behind the HUD layer. This way, Sonic's death animation isn't obstructed by the lava. This means that if any programmers add any more layers behind the HUD layer, I recommend that they change the layer number to correspond with the extra layers.

As always, enjoy the new gimmick. :)

Nope. I combined everything together except Appo's stuff, and apparently I don't understand Worlds well enough to figure out how. Azu offered to do it a while ago, but he's too busy apparently. If anyone else wants to volunteer to do it, please feel free. I'll give you what I have.

hey, i've been a bit busy so i've been a bit quiet for a while, but i go back to where my pc is next week (still with the family from xmas and stuff so i'm using a laptop with the spec of a brick at the mo) so i'll have ago at putting everything together next week if nobody objects

Hey guys just a quick update... i said i would have ago at putting everything together in worlds and i've got most of it done, so if anybody else wants to add something else i'll try and put that in. Anyways heres a list of stuff thats in so far including what was added in this release:

Pop up spikes

Tunnels

Lightning shield

Drowning

Azu's suprise (don't want to spoil it)

Speed Sneakers

Inincibility

Peel-Out

Dash pads

Running on water

Breakable rocks/walls

Still more to be added yet but just to let you know it's progressing

lol no prob, i just didn't know if Azu wanted it mentioned, oh seeing as i'm here does anyone have a boss camera movement (when you get to the boss the camera scrolls to the center of the boss area and stopping there till he's defeated or allowing a bit of movement) it's just that that i can't figure out, everything else seems to be coming together....anyhow i'm aiming to put everything together by the weekend for you guys, i have a few free days this week so hopefuly everything will go according to plan. So if anyone wants out else putting in before i hand it over for checks,nows the time to say.

Stuff that'll be added:

Bubble collection (underwater so you don't drown)

Being crushed

I will try to put those water slides in

Lava

Flame shield and doubble jump

Aqua shield and doubble jump

Double jump for lightning shield

And whatever else you guys throw my way