A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds - Your Contributions (before) 1/27/09)

Rael0505

Hey guys.

It's pretty much been established for several months now that Damizean is done with Sonic Worlds. Sonic Worlds is still incomplete, however. Certain item boxes do nothing, elemental shields don't have powers, Sonic can't run on water, Super Sonic is unfinished, Knuckles needs to be added, checkpoints need to be added, it appears there was a boss example intended... A lot of people assume this is Damizean's project because he used to make releases, but this is meant to be a community project. Now that he's done with the core of the engine, it's up to us to finish the stuff he didn't get to as well as add new gimmicks.

So to start us off, I've added a new gimmick - the Tunnels from Green Hill Zone. I'm building this off of Lark's latest version of Worlds, with his Pole Pod gimmick:

http://files.filefront.com/SWtunnelsmfa/;12301087;/fileinfo.html

Alright guys, let's see what you've got. Post any changes or additions you've made to Sonic Worlds and I'll combine them with the version I posted above. Even if it doesn't address the issues that need to be addressed, a new gimmick would be awesome. Rep will be given!

Additions/Modifications

11/09/08

Rael0505 - Tunnel Gimmick (Green Hill, Sonic 1)

• Like 2

Here's mines so far.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jozylv4wu1o

The correct version.

-Added Invincibility (Needs to be tweaked)

-Added Mecha Sonic Boss

-Added New Shield (Protection Shield)

-Added Running on Water (Some what Buggy)

-Added Checkpoint with save feature (Standard INI)

-Included (As in not done be me) Boss Style Camera (LarkSS)

By the way. The first diamond is New Game, the second is load game. I strongly suggest you start a new game before a loading. The diamonds are on the splash screen/logo.

Here's mine

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=990244f9c062a4c9d2db6fb9a8902bda

-Fire Shield (double jump)

-Aqua Shield so you don't drown (no bounce yet)

-Magnetic Shield, the rings have a movement similar to sonic 3 (coded by Nitemare)

-Speed Boot

-Run on water (coded by Azu)

-Crabmeat shoots in an arc

-Peel out

-Animation has 3 speed when u get faster (walk, run, and then it goes to the peel out animation)

-Drowning

-Checkpoints

oh btw i changed the jump button to shift

• Like 1

Hmm, I may port all these engines to an all in one package that is suitable for all MMF2 versions! (Including TGF2). Even metalsonic3 made gimmicks. He made all 3 elemental shields,water stuff (bubbles,drowning) the goal and checkpoints! I will port all these elements into a motherload of a Sonic engine!

Well, protective goggles on, gloves on, it's going to be a freakin' bumpy ride...:ssmile:

Go ahead, Azu. I'm compiling everything into one file right now, so you should probably wait until I do so you can add it to the real "latest" version... so I don't have to transfer all your work again.

Also, as soon as I post the new "latest version," people will only be allowed to contribute their gimmicks/additions to worlds if it is in the latest version. I don't want to have to copy and paste everything into the latest version for them.

You should just upload it and Rael will decide if it should be included or not. =P

I may be willing to submit a few things to Worlds, but a couple I need to get permission from the owners I made them for.

( most of them include you rael i-i )

Also, just a question, but how deviant are additions allowed to be? Are contributions only allowed if they're based on something from Sonic 1-3, or are original contributions such as custom gimmicks and whatnot allowed?

Turbo, you can upload whatever you have. I'll compare your checkpoint system to Appo's, and the better one will go in. Dash pads are also fine.

Lark, original gimmicks are definitely encouraged (such as your awesome pole pod). I wouldn't want to accept anything that drastically changes the way Worlds plays, though.

Anyway, updates as of tonight:

Azu's version of Worlds is now used as the base. I combined my tunnels and Blue Emerald's crabmeat additions to it. I also modified crabmeat so it only moves/fires if Sonic is within a certain distance, and bullets disappear after a set period of time now.

I haven't touched Appo's version yet, but I'll combine whatever he did hopefully tomorrow. To repeat myself, once this new build is up, submissions will only be accepted if they add on to the newest build.

Since I'm developing a game through this engine, I have a question: Is there a clean way to pass all the progress made to our own game? I mean, each of us took a version of Worlds, started adding our sprites, programmings and such. To be able to add the stuff from newer versions to our edit, how do you suggest I do it? Right now, I only added new item boxes and characters and replaced some sprites.

Since I'm developing a game through this engine, I have a question: Is there a clean way to pass all the progress made to our own game? I mean, each of us took a version of Worlds, started adding our sprites, programmings and such. To be able to add the stuff from newer versions to our edit, how do you suggest I do it? Right now, I only added new item boxes and characters and replaced some sprites.

Nope, and that's what makes MMF so horrible. At least we followed the philosophy of using states machines in order to, at least, be able to implement new stuff without much harm...