A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds - Your Contributions (before) 1/27/09)

Rael0505

I'm pretty sure being crushed was already in the engine. It used a style where you have to put indicator objects in places where the player is expected to be crushed.

If you mean those places with the four Robotnik heads, they don't work. I've tried them out. Maybe there were no events for them. I'll check them out and see if there's any way to get them running.

[EDIT] Yep, there was just an event missing. I'll be uploading the fix soon.

Don't the Robotnick heads just make the corks stop rising?

I'm not quite sure. What DimensionWarped said about there being indicators still has me wondering if they were supposed to kill Sonic. I'll keep my window up until then. In fact, I'll just post what I have now and see if it's right.

[EDIT] Here it is. This file has the Robotnik heads killing the player when they overlap them.

http://files.filefront.com/SWCrushDeathmfa/;12965334;/fileinfo.html

Thanks but i've got the crush sorted, most of the stuff is in now all i need to do is make sure the new events also work for Super sonic (just a few animations, i think) the Boss Camera, and then i'm gonna try making cannons like on carnival zone or oil ocean, then i'm gonna try and put in those water slides, sort the tital cards out and make a "sonic has got through act..." thing ..then that should be it

Well super sonic was already in there, i just want to make sure that any events i put in work with the other skins, ok time for me to ask for a bit of help, the first is the camera for like the end of a level or boss and the second is the cannon things like on carnival night (to be more specific i just like to know how to get the angle of the cannon and make sure sonic fires in the right direction) then thats it all that will be done after that is to clean it up (put things in folders etc..) then hand it over

Well super sonic was already in there, i just want to make sure that any events i put in work with the other skins, ok time for me to ask for a bit of help, the first is the camera for like the end of a level or boss and the second is the cannon things like on carnival night (to be more specific i just like to know how to get the angle of the cannon and make sure sonic fires in the right direction) then thats it all that will be done after that is to clean it up (put things in folders etc..) then hand it over

d2745ee5.gif

What in the blue hell did you just say?

lol, ok... before i hand it over i would like to put two more things in, the first is the camera for the boss/end of level making the camera stop at the end of a level when you hit the signpost, or if it's a boss the camera should scroll to the center of the area and stop where the bosss fight will take place. As for the cannons say you jump in to one and it keeps rotating back and forth and you want to be fired out when it reaches a 45 degree angle, how would i get that angle and apply it to sonic, dunno if this is any clearer

A screenshot of the cannon you're talking about would be nice, and did you get the version of worlds where I included a camera boundary technique? You could just work off of that to make an area for the boss and sign post. If you don't have it, ask Azu for it; it works with multiple areas so setting it up shouldn't be difficult.

I'm sure i'm thinking of the right thing but i can't seem to find a sprite for it :S anyways heres a crappy diagram i did in paint hope this helps to explain it

cannon.jpg

As for the camera yes i do have that virsion with it in, i'm just trying to get it to scroll to it's destination rather than snap there (for the boss)

Agreed. Also, couldn't you just have it so when the button is pressed the current angle of the cannon is retrieved and then the event uses that angle to shoot sonic out in the same angle. Oh and I looked for the sprites, but I couldn't find them either. You might just have to rip them yourself.

Cheers guys, i'll see what i can do, then it's just the camera and a bit of cleaning up

Edit: i've been trying to do the cannons but it's not happening, so unless someone can make a quick example file for me to have a gander at i'll happily try to implament it but if not i might have to leave it out

Hey i've just finished the pushing stuff, but in order for the block not to fall through the floor when it's out of sight i've had to enable "handle background collisions" in the frame properties. I've noticed while having this enabled that some of the backgrounds (mainly walls) can have no "white space" in the animation editor thing, otherwise you get an invisable wall effect (sonic collieds with the wastedspace) i'll put up a print screen of what i mean. The main reason i posted though was to ask if enabeling "handle background collisions will effect anything else like slopes and loops?? it doesen't seem to but i wanted to ask to see if anybody knew, plus i don't want to start editing the backgrounf pieces if it does

crop.jpg

That option was turned off due to the amount of lag it can induce with a significant amount of objects checking bgs for collisions. It's probably best to just have the blocks stop moving when offscreen if possible rather than enable that, but if all else fails, then just crop the bg graphics so there's no extra space that Sonic will try to collide with.

Hey i've just finished the pushing stuff, but in order for the block not to fall through the floor when it's out of sight i've had to enable "handle background collisions" in the frame properties. I've noticed while having this enabled that some of the backgrounds (mainly walls) can have no "white space" in the animation editor thing, otherwise you get an invisable wall effect (sonic collieds with the wastedspace) i'll put up a print screen of what i mean. The main reason i posted though was to ask if enabeling "handle background collisions will effect anything else like slopes and loops?? it doesen't seem to but i wanted to ask to see if anybody knew, plus i don't want to start editing the backgrounf pieces if it does

[qimg]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc291/Appoy3k/crop.jpg[/qimg]

Oh, that makes sense.::ssleep: