A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds - Your Contributions (before) 1/27/09)

Rael0505

Azu's version of Worlds is now used as the base. I combined my tunnels and Blue Emerald's crabmeat additions to it. I also modified crabmeat so it only moves/fires if Sonic is within a certain distance, and bullets disappear after a set period of time now.

Thank you, Rael! ^__^

I was actually trying to do that myself (tested the same values used on Buzz Bomber), but once mine started shooting, I couldn't get it to stop. Glad to see that problem has been resolved; I could learn some things from it.

Also, my bullets are currently programmed to disappear if they go a fair amount of pixels beyond the window, but this works just as well; in fact, this may be better than what I have.

I'm so stoked to see this engine at full potential! :D

Yes. Yes it is.

http://www.infdrm.e2u.cc/files/AzuAdditions(11-9-08).exe

Hit the very first purple-ish teleporter.

I tried to open it, but after the music stops, nothing else happens.

It would be lovely if things were that kind. But you have to deal with all kinds of shit when you copy the code over.

Like finding the differences from one version to the other? :(

Nope, and that's what makes MMF so horrible. At least we followed the philosophy of using states machines in order to, at least, be able to implement new stuff without much harm...

Maybe if we tell Clickteam about these problems, they'll later release a much smoother version. Right now, we're stuck with this, so how will I really handle this? Is copying the objects and then, the codes the cleanest way?

Not in that order! You'll have to copy the objects BEFORE the code. :awink:

And yeah, it's a pain. I was having all kinds of trouble last night until Lark saved me.

What did Lark do?