A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rawr makes music and the artz

Rawr

Thanks dudes :)

Anyway, I never put a link up to my previous round because it was TEH LAEM. But it's looking like I am heading into the tourney finals with this whopping 16 pager done in a weeks timeframe. I lost lots of sleep doing this, since I also had loads of HW last week. Anyway the plot is kinda cornball, some cheesy dialogue, but I wasn't super focused on that since the time I did it all in didn't really allow me to sit and reflect and write :P

So here it is, I kicked it into high gear for this one! : REAAAAAAAAAAAD

Only posting because I am ahead in voting and voting has been slow. Generally otherwise I'd wait till the voting is over as usual.

Hope you guys enjoy :)

• 3 weeks later...

Final Round

I was seriously really tired by this point haha, tourney was fun - I won :D - but it was exhausting all the same. Comic moves really fast, but that can't be helped I guess haha. I should have done a few more pages but yeah...tired and busy closer to the end of that week :). Still happy with it regardless.

• 4 weeks later...

Still really WIP, had to rush the mouth area and stuff due to having to take it into Zbrush for a class assignment.

Sonichead2.jpg

Sonichead1.jpg

Sorry for the crappy renders, I just did it quick before I got home. Anyway, the really quick and shitty Zbrush paintjob I had to do:

SonicHeadZbrush.jpg

:). Based off some 3D images someone made of the 360 model for Unleashed. This will be an ongoing personal project of mine I guess! So yeah, some things are off like the muzzle area's shape and the nose is a bit too square etcetc. I'll be fixing that eventually and improving the flow of the geometry some as time goes on.

Edit: Oh, right, I started a new song because I haven't made one of those in a long while. had to get a bandcamp cause my webspace ran out :<

http://revisionone.bandcamp.com/album/demos

I juuuust started it, it has a long way to go still. Just a preview in any case.

Well the head shape and everything was taken from images from the unleashed model which I used as a rotoscope. I think what really gives it that Adventure vibe is the mouth area, I need to still shape it more, it was rushed so I could get it done for class in time. I have lots of tweaking to do, I haven't spent too many hours on this so far. The quills probably took the most time, trying to get them all on there without creating triangles and such, also being new to using Maya sucks. I think I know how I'd approach the quills if I were to ever do another model of Sonic in a different style one day.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Been super busy with college and stuff but here is a couple pics:

prev3.jpg

A preview of an intro comic I am making for something at VOID. Gonna redo the dude's head in panel 2, not happy with it. The perspective and shit is sort of messed in panel 1 but I'm not going back to fix it. Note to self for next time though, put my vanishing point on another layer so I don't lose it haha.

Luna.jpg

Just a quick doodle from last night.

Thanks!

Class assignment...I followed a design document given to me that a friend came up with. Since the class was divided into two groups to work on two peoples villain concepts and mine was the other one, I couldn't work on my own. But you know what? I had fun with this. It was a bit of a rush job, I just did this in the last couple hours here so I took some shortcuts but it does the trick.

GameGenie.jpg

Fwoosh!

Thanks. Another VOID character:

JaySheet.jpg

I haven't drawn an original anthro character in about 300 years. I was talked into it, but I can't say I'll complain about it - I like how this came out. The initial colour scheme is pretty funny though since I made about 3000 colours on the character as a LOLFURRIES type deal. All those rainbowey sparkly ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha , no those are not pubes hahaha. God haha. No, thats more like a 'belt' I guess is the best way I can put it. The underwear is black, underneath that. As for the cigarette, I could draw it straight if I wanted to but I'm not going for realism really with this at all. Normally though it is more bent towards the end of the cigarette, I do agree it is kind of extreme there, but I probably won't ever draw that straight while drawing that character because it just doesn't fit to me.

As always, these are awesome. As far as your Game-genie goes, I swear, he reminds me of the various genies (Namely Erazor from Secret Rings and Genie from Aladdin) I've seen in different media, with a hint of Apocalypse from Marvel Comics. But that's not to say he DOESN'T look good, 'coz he does.

Edit: Wow, how could I have missed that?

Hey no worries bro, I had looked a lot of genie designs and bodybuilders for reference, so if it is recognizable and seems familiar to other genies that is why. I kept it true to the design document, which called for certain things to be done etc. The fact that you've slipped in Marvel in there is more or less a compliment IMO :D.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

MAYBE WHEN YOU'RE OLDER.

Anyway I decided to go back to that Sonic model I started ages ago. This is still WIP and I am further along now (as in I've fixed some stuff since like the hands and the buckle etcetc and I am ready to unwrap + texture it). The only thing I have NOT done is the mouth, because I have no clue how I'd get it to appear on one side all the time for animating, like in Unleashed how it switches sides etc.

wip.jpg

So there it is so far, I've got a ways to go still because unwrapping is a bitch.

WIP2.jpg

MORE WIP. Still not textured, just a quick polypaint in Zbrush and the high poly detailing and stuff. The real texture will be a lot cleaner, this was just for me to get an idea of how it would look (and I can transfer the paint down to a texture anyway). I roughed up the shoes at the back and they're roughed up differently on each foot. The bottom of the shoes also have been roughed up as well.

The eyes are black because I felt like it, mainly because this was just a quick paintover and so its all temporary anyway. The mouth is also temporary!

I probably won't update this too much the next few weeks, this is more or less a personal piece for my reel. I've got other HW to start on.

Space Dragon

I'm making a sci-fi/fantasy space dragon war general dude guy for my demo reel in a few weeks for school and it kind of made me want to make a boss-theme for him. Well what I started with turned into this. Its still not finished, I want to redo the guitar in the intro cause its a little off, and then the solo. I also need to add some bass + some more SID here and there to fill it out some and then master it all.

I haven't posted music up here for a while so I figured, hey why not. I also have a few other new scraps of unfinishedness up on that bandcamp page too, this is the most complete.