A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rawr makes music and the artz

Rawr

Thanks guys!

Took a break from some HW:

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/Cloudimus/bwolfsketch1-3.png[/qimg]

It was a sketch I liked so I cleaned it up some and then did the background piece behind 'em. None of the designs are really final per say, I'm still designing and trying to find the style I want.

You are the definition of inspiration dude! I love the cleanness and Sonic battle type look to it. Really loving the style.

Thanks bro!

test-5.png

WIP Crossover pic. A friend and I thought this would be cool, and I kind of owe him a picture because he is awesome even though I draw him lots I still need to draw him mooooarr cause he has done a lot for me over the years.

Anyway, the guy with the hat is a dude named Travis, and the guy with the wolf mask is a guy named Mr.W. Those are both my pal Air's characters from his comic Swine, which is a part of the whole LETS FUCK UP FAIRYTALES schtick that we both seem to be doing haha. So thats why this idea came about. Then we have Laika and Red, Red who is pissing off an early enemy in Badwolf named Vermin (one of the 3 blind brothers). His design is NOT final but for the sake of having something entertaining to put there I chucked him in.

Lining that took a LOT OF time and I still have to do the BG. The gun is firing at an enemy guy in the background haha. Travis is a superb shot haha. I'm really trying to nail a style down for how I want to do my comic and I believe I am pretty much getting it how I want.

I realize its a bit tough in places to clearly see what is what down in the bottom there, once there is colour it will be easier to see :)

• 2 weeks later...

celestial-2.png

Pic done for the admin dude of WFA. I did that shortly after our fight ended there I think, not too too long ago though.

banner1.png

VOID invitational banner I started...but obviously never got around to finishing yet. Maybe if I find myself with some time to spare.

thumbs1.png

Badwolf ideas. I am probably gonna start the comic off with something akin to the top three, while I liked the previous pages I had sketched out I was having troubles continuing it. These are actually closer to the original vision than the pages I had sketched beforehand. I don't think I showed those pages here though, so I guess it doesn't matter toooooo too much. These are just really rough ideas and each row of 3 is also seperate to one another.

Anyway, just finished my VOID comic, it took me forever and was a lot of work. I'll link to it here after the voting process is over for the sake of fairness to my opponent.

I had to look him up! I can kind of see what you mean (I'm not a big Square fan so I didn't know who he was, my bad xD). But no, I'd say my influences tend to shift quite a bit, I have a lot of them. But stuff like Dead Leaves, Redline, and the Gurren Lagann eyecatch pieces (not sure exactly who's style this is) are all big influences on me since I really dig the style. I also have been starting to get into some of Jamie Hewlett's stuff, though the influence isn't all too apparent at this point I don't think. Outside of that I really dig Joe Madureira's work (again another infleunce that I don't incorporate all that much) and James Stokoe has some cool artwork as well. Theres a lot more than that, I like a lot of peoples artwork haha. Thanks : D

VOID Comic

I figure its alright to post this now, voting is still going on but I'm in a comfortable lead as it is and the voting has been slowing down, so yeah! There is my VOID comic in its 8 page glory. I spent from wednesday night to sunday morning busting my balls off to get that done, 1 page was finished wednesday, 2 thurs, 2 fri, 3 sat. So I busted my ass off to get it done and looking relatively awesome for a week's timeframe! Oh, and my comic is the top one and yes my username is stupid and no I didn't name it after the fruit but rather the colour although the fruit is awesome too and this sentence will never end ever omg no way.

I'll have another one at the end of next week I guess, but I'll wait to post that up unless the same situation occurs. Also one more post and I'll hit 666 WOO.

Dude, that is awesome. I fucking love that speaker. I was wondering how you'd handle the dialogue and you didn't disappoint.

(Also, my older brother was passing by and also said it looked awesome (and he's more of a drawin' person). So two compliments!)

Thanks man! I hope the rest won't disappoint either, its hard to juggle this on top of my college workload but damn is it good practice and lots of fun.

Anyway, I won't be back until around Sunday sooo yeah, peace out till then!

Wow, just like the others have said, this is really good, and I only have a mutual interest in comics too. Gonna have to try and make myself remember to keep checking back to this topic for chapter 2. :3

Shit needs a stronger zipper.

Hahaha Shit does! Thanks dude :)

Anyway now for a crosspost so I don't have to type this again XD:

I was away the past few days with my family at a cabin so I ended up drawing in my sketchbook a bit, sorry if the scans are really poopy I didn't feel like taking the pages out of my book. I was also primarily just drawing with pen, and these are just quick sketches/designs. Nothing super intense.

goth0.jpg

goth1.jpg

Ignore the bird thing and Red, they're not parts of this haha.

goth2.jpg

ideas

and now for a stupid comic that makes me laugh about a robot named Logo who steals stuff. Its only two pages, and is a pretty shitty comic but hopefully you can suffer through it and get some scrap of enjoyment from it lol!

LogoSpace1.jpg

LogoSpace2.jpg

Babby.

Anyway I drew more but photoshop is being a dink so there we go.

--

Thanks again guys for the kind words!

Hey guys, I probably won't have any artwork to post for a while if I can't fix my comp. Right now I am posting from school...

My comp is kind of broken right now, trying to get it up and running. Also means I can't play any of the SAGE games lol.

Well, yesterday I got a Windows 7 disc from a friend, the XP one didn't want to repair etc. SO I had reformatted and such and now have Windows 7, so woo? It works again now...XP didn't want to reinstall in any capacity even after reformatting, nor did it want to boot. I have no clue wtf happened to be honest. My comp had been broken since about Monday until last night pretty much. The thing that sucks is I lost a LOT of stuff.

You couldn't have put the HDD in another computer before-hand and tried to backup the files you wanted? =< Might still be able to recover some of it actually if you only did a quick format, though I think if you let an OS install disc format the drive for you, it does a full format by default.

Because I am winning by a lot again...

Looks like I'll be going to round 3. Though I am not entirely 100% proud of this comic, I am quite happy with the fact that I still got at least THAT out despite all the problems I had throughout the week x_x. The dialogue is SHITTY AS FUCK SON, I rushed putting the words in at the end and made a stupid mistake of deviating from my script a bit to fit into the word bubbles because I was in a hurry. Also those are my pencilled pages, I scanned them in once I got my computer working and used Photoshop's curves function to get them looking cleaner.

proof (with a mr.noodle noodle somehow on my scanner):

VOIDpreview2-2.jpg

I -never- pencil any comics ever. I have a much faster workflow working digitally, so that too was an adjustment, but with my computer out from Monday-Thursday of last week I needed to do something! I don't wanna lose the tourney, even if there is nothing really to be won, I still want to win it because what would be the point otherwise.

LUNAPICODESKTOP-1.jpg

Bigger version

I just switched to a new program to draw in now too called PaintToolSAI, and uhh...its really damn smooth, but its gonna be an adjustment. I drew the above pic with it. It was for another guy who drew a cool picture of our two characters so I decided to return the love today. I should have been doing HW...ugh. I'll have to work extra hard tomorrow I guess!