A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rawr makes music and the artz

Rawr

you should definitely post more finished stuff.

but after looking at a lot of your work, you tend to avoid drawing full bodies, instead hiding them behind closer face shots or putting all the details in the face and leaving the body more ambiguous.

You also need to get a bit more confident with your sketches, challenge yourself to not scribble as much - you'll benefit from it :)

If I had a scanner that was big enough I'd post a lot more full body shots, because I have a bunch of life drawing from class that is full body but its on Huuuuuge paper and I don't know how to get that onto the computer cleanly =(. I also have a bunch of stuff I don't show here too xD. But especially in comics I make I have this problem though, I can't seem to fit everything in a panel and thats where it hits me the most.

Also I try not to scribble as much as I used to, but I loooove keeping things extremely rough and scribbly. It doesn't seem to work well on a standalone picture, but when doing animation its usually what I do to get a movement down before I go to put the animation overtop and so sometimes it carries over heh. Its more of an animation type thing and its kind of developed into a somewhat bad habit, but on my tablet things are ten times worse haha. Paper sketches usually don't get that messy.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, yeah, and here is a couple old drawings for my comic. They are quite a bit older now, I think I did them back in January so like 6 months ago, when I had a lot more time too to do more stuff like this xD; So yeah, some things are off and stuff. I can do better than this now :)

RED.png

bigbad-ref2-copy.png

Edit2: Here, have more sketch/ideas that I was drawing for my comic. A lot of these are a few months old by now too and some are more developed than others so yeah.:

EvilCharacters.png

BlindBrothersConcept.png

badwolfsketches.png

sketches-1.png

Thanks Sereph, means a lot :)!

Now that school is out for two weeks I'm going to try and put some time into working on my comic too, so here is a potential idea for the cover and the back of it too (front on the right, back on the left) : Click

Its not perfect, needs some adjusting, but thats what I'm thinking I'm gonna go for. I'm hoping to at least get 20 pages sketched out, and a few completed over this break, but if I get less than that that is okay. At least I'll finally have it started how I wanted to start it.

Wow, the music's pretty awesome. How exactly are you making it? You mentioned wanting a drummer, so I figure you're actually playing the guitar, but what are you using for everything else? Fruity Loops?

Also the cover for the game document is marvelous.

I do everything in ableton live and use a drumming program called EZDrummer, its just a big drum machine with loops and stuff. Yeah I play the guitar, and then I use different synth plugins and then start playing the synth on my computer keyboard. I can't do anything really complex synth wise since a computer keyboard can play so much. Thanks!

And thanks for the comment on the game cover :)

And Sereph, thanks again bro haha. Again, means a lot :D

You're right dude, I've noticed its been off for a while actually, its pretty old (from around January) haha. When I had finally learned that it wasn't right I might as well just make a new one. Right now I'm just sketching pages though, I've got 2 sketched though I have to fix the perspective on the first panel of page 1 hardcore, and then I am redoing the last panels of page 2 and then I'll keep going. I think I'll only manage 7-8 sketched before I will start finishing some stuff up. Thanks!

EnterVOID related art:

LunaVSRobert.png

My character with the orange glowyness and a friend's character having a race through a city, his request. So yeah. My last VOID character got killed and they are having another tourney end of July so I made a new one.

Edit: Oh, and yes, I cheated with the reflection. Technically that would be impossible since the reflection of Luna in the building is facing the same direction we see, when technically you should see the front. But I figure its not too noticeable so I cheated that in there. lawl.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the VOID-related art. Holy shit yes.

Regarding the video, don't point out your mistakes! =3 The beginning seemed a bit dragged out and it would have been nice to actually see you drawing some/all of it, but not bad all-in-all. It's always nice to point out how primitive Sonic really is. ;>

Oh haha, I was going to draw some of it as I was going along BUT my computer sucks so hardcore the tablet would lag when I tried to record my screen =( so I couldn't even draw a coherent picture.

Haha I thought pointing out some of the mistakes would be funny. Shape FAIL was more or less me just poking fun :P. And yes, he is a very simple character to draw and if I had time I woulda animated him more for this contest :)

some WIP introductory pages for VOID, they were not required but I am pretty excited for the tourney so here they are. Hopefully I can finish my pages by tomorrow night.

vintrop1.png

page2-4.png

Nothing on page 2 is really final...I might change stuff. I might also just put some text althroughout to lead into that last panel, help give a better sense of what the hell is going on. Anyway...yeah, WIP.

page1copy-7.png

page2copy-6.png

There we go, my VOID stuff is ready to go. I've got one more VOID related thing I said I'd do for people there, so I'll probably do that tomorrow/Monday. But I gotta focus on Aych Dubya.

Thanks guys!

Took a break from some HW:

bwolfsketch1-3.png

It was a sketch I liked so I cleaned it up some and then did the background piece behind 'em. None of the designs are really final per say, I'm still designing and trying to find the style I want.

This has inspired me to coin a new word.

Fepic

adj

An abbreviation of "fucking" (or "freaking") and "epic"; used chiefly to describe something or someone worthy of "win".

Example: A recent drawing by rawr was deemed fepic by those who viewed it.