A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rawr makes music and the artz

Rawr

b84921b8661163a753cc346828107a90-d3govl2.jpg

Just a work in progress of something.

Edit: Oh yeah and I made a new song today. It is a bit more laid back and won't be using any game synths or stuff which its the first track since 2009 after I switched to using the name Revision-One that I've done this haha..

But I've been listening to a lot of Smashing Pumpkins lately and so I was kind of going for a bit of a pumpkins vibe I guess. I still need to re-record the guitar and put in better drums and master it and stuff. Its just something I was playing on my guitar that sort of started falling into place so I -had- to record it.

Out Of Order

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you :)

Death King is temporarily on hold until I can get new Wacom pen nibs, since that comic has been done all digitally thus far.

Anyway here is a pencil sketch I did tonight of one of a few mechas I'm gonna be designing for a side project in the mean time just to fill some time. This is still a WIP design but here it is anyway.

tumblr_lnjdvlmDFd1qlnz6f

I also have a lot more sketches and stuff on my tumblr if you guys have that too. My tumblr is http://spiralknightmare.tumblr.com

Thanks dude!

SUPER WIPS.

tumblr_lnn92v4yYY1qlnz6f

tumblr_lnn9jojiKA1qlnz6f

And some thumbs for those parts:

thumbz.jpg

Just something to dick around with I guess until I get new Wacom pen nibs haha. I've wanted to make some giant robot comics for a while so I'm just kind of making most of this up as I go along sort of deal.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_lo3wg0TrV91qlnz6f

Random sketch I did the other day that I randomly decided to colour in. Sort of played around with the colouring style a little.

ANYWAY, I also make music too and while a lot of it I have shared before you can hear my really slow/crappy progress on making tracks.

http://revisionone.bandcamp.com/

The first album that pops up, Spectrum, is older material from 2009-2010 that I lost all the source project files for so they're as done as they're gonna get lol. WANDER is actually the most recent album. There are only really a couple of okay songs on each but music is more or less just a hobby and I run out of ideas/inspiration really fast when I make it these days due to not having a place where I am able to put vocals on them all too. I am getting really tired of making instrumental tracks and want to make some cool alternative rock in the same kind of line as Billy Talent and Our Lady Peace right now I think. Its been making progress on this difficult but hopefully you'll find a track you like.

Personally my faves out of the tracks I've made are Phantom, Clear Skies, and Space Dragon. The lastest demo I uploaded, Shot (can be found on Wander) I've been tinkering with since recording that really rough track and its sounding more OLP-ish which is great because thats what I really want to make right now. Gonna start it up with a clean guitar and bring the distortion in after and keep ramping it up I think so whenever I actually get a chance to record it again I will.

• 3 weeks later...

logotrans.png

Work on this comic sort of lulled for a bit but I got the site up in any case. I will resume work on it shortly, life has been extremely busy/unkind to me as of late (though things are starting to turn around a bit)! Anyway here are a couple things...

cover.jpg

cover in its super rough state.

tumblr_lp6zfvXZgR1qlnz6fo1_r1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1312193572&Signature=v%2FFRg77a1enQtBxGLvCSu5jGhW8%3D

Teaser/Concept art for the story arc I am gonna start either in issue 2 or 3. We'll see. I am still trying to finish issue 1!

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_lpy81zMGYW1qlnz6f

Finally got page 1 done. Just haven't had the time really to work on it. Also it appears that teaser image from above is broken.

So here:

tumblr_lp6zfvXZgR1qlnz6f

Also a sketch of Dmitri under the cloak (more or less for my own reference)

tumblr_lp8qu2zsQx1qlnz6fo1_500.jpg

Thanks dude :). Its definitely not gonna be an overpriced graphic novel. I'll probably price it around 3 dollars tops for the first issue (22 pages), seems to be the price I get my comics at around here at any rate!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man! I am really glad you're liking it :D!

The wait for it might be a bit longer than I liked, with graduation quickly approaching. I only really have time for quick sketches before diving back into HW and I definitely don't want to rush it out. We'll see what the coming weeks bring but I was pretty dumb to aim for a September release when I graduate at the end of the month. Meaning I gotta dedicate a lot of time to packing as well before then for when I move back home. Post-grad = more time to work on it :)

so yeah...sketches. They're not all that good, but hey, they're all rather quick and sketching is fun :D :

tumblr_lqj0n2ZQVI1qlnz6f

Just a real quick Zero sketch in his mythos design. I was getting tired by the time I hit his legs and I wanted to colour so I axed the legs and just added a BG and stuff.

Some Aysel stuff:

tumblr_lqix9nRcct1qlnz6f

aysel3.jpg[/img]

tumblr_lqawctmSKv1qlnz6f

Some Badwolf. Which yes I tore down and pretty much am restarting from scratch...again. One day it will surface and one of these days I just gotta sit down and go "okay, this time I'll actually do it". So yeah.

Thats really about all I've done outside of school stuff I guess.

death_king__page_2_by_jaxomatik-d48heqc.jpg

Page 2! I was feelin' pretty experimental with this one, and it was nice and simple. A good break from page 1 in any case, I'll probably get to colouring page 3 hopefully this weekend. Then its on to finishing linework on pages that I haven't even gotten to finishing before I can continue colouring.

Anyway here is a quick concept page.

tumblr_lqxyeckBse1qlnz6f

Character in center will appear in the storyline soon, I'm thinking issue 2/3 not 100% sure yet because there is something else I might want to get done in no.2 first. Yeah I don't have #1 finished yet but the entire issue has text on it + has been drawn in some capacity so its a matter of finishing up lines + colouring. I'm just planning ahead for when I get started on no.2!

Either way she was a concept for the very initial Death King idea (which is somewhat the same, but lacks Dmitri and was going to revolve around Aysel being a gatekeeper of some sorts). That character was going to be a gatekeeper too but now she is just a badass vampire. Her torso area and the big bulge on her arm are blood, so she has no skin in those areas. Her body is cursed so its not normal anyway. Aysel and her do not get along very well at all lol.

• 1 month later...