A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rawr makes music and the artz

Rawr

Doing a daily draw on another forum, and I happened to start late so...uhh, I have catching up to do. And the easiest thing for me to think to draw in such an occasion is fanart. So here is the rare moment where I draw a shit ton of fanart.

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/Cloudimus/Zero.jpg[/qimg]

A crappy sketch of Zero, kinda of went halfway between old and new but it turned out like poop!

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/Cloudimus/Sonic-3.jpg[/qimg]

Sonic

And then I started warming up some and kinda experimented a tiny bit:

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/Cloudimus/Zero2.jpg[/qimg]

ZERO (again)

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/Cloudimus/Leviathan.jpg[/qimg]

Leviathan because Leviathan is the best. Also I realize I accidentally signed it with a '11 rather than a '12, OOPS. I can't believe I am -still- doing that...

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/Cloudimus/Aile-2.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/Cloudimus/MEGALIGHT.jpg[/qimg]

Based Mega off the Megaman MMO trailer design!

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/Cloudimus/MegaGirl.jpg[/qimg]

I am not gonna lie I just started drawing Megaman and then decided "lets add boobs" and so the drawing went in this direction instead lol.

Maybe I'll make Megaman my theme. Of course the pictures will be more involved than these, but I wanted to catch up!! NOW I HAVE. NOW I AM READY TO TACKLE DAY 8.

http://satellitesoda.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5549

My god. Classic Sonic is awesome. Megaman is fuck great. And the other is all soo good!.

Daily Draw 8 and 9:

IorIIpage1-2.jpg

IorIIpage2.jpg

No plan, just winging it. Each page is a sketch with super duper intense tones because I like 'em like that. I have no clue where I am really going with this so it'll be interesting to see what happens. I have a vague idea of things I want to do later on, but as of right now I am unsure...so...yeah.

I think hands are fun to draw, but like I said, I spent a couple minutes on that to just use it as my daily draw sketch since I was working on other stuff I didn't feel like sharing xD.

Edit: Used a soundfont for this but I really like the end result: "Like a Moth to the Flame" [Dark Caverns]

And here is the demo of that song with NES sounds instead: NES Moth Demo

I'll be going back and adding the new Genesis additions to the original NES sounding one. Of course, these aren't made with any sort of system limitations in mind + both from a soundfont so I'm not aiming for authenticity I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Long time no post.

Anyway to save myself retyping this post I made elsewhere:

Got bored, decided to make some new VOID characters. Just kinda did this all on a whim/had some fun.

DESIGNSHEETBRO.jpg

PAGE1.jpg

PAGE2.jpg

PAGE3.jpg

PAGE4.jpg

Gonna strip these pages of their VOID references and scale them down to a graphic novel size as well, and chip away at it throughout the year I think. I really had fun making those pages and I'd love to do more.

Also Death King issue 1 is finally done because I stopped being depressed and lazy over it. It's at the printers, gonna sell it at the Calgary Expo at the end of the month. Gonna start the second one real soon.

So yeah, that last part. I finished issue 1. I'll put it for sale online after I receive the first batch.

I really hope its gonna be...

death_king__tubular_by_jaxomatik-d4udbid.jpg

ohlolholholol.

Here is the cover though (sans logos and stuff and its a wraparound):

cov3-4.jpg

Sketchdumps:

day12.jpg

day19.jpg

day20.jpg

kkkkaiook.jpg

Now for where those characters in the comic pages above came from, just random sketches. This all started as me and a few friends making fun of what I draw, and then it ended up becoming something I liked. Go figure.

PYROPYROROROROR.jpg

PYRO.jpg

kkakoit2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys!

Anyway here is some stuff. I started a new comic idea to make as a pitch since Death King wasn't getting picked up.

b13e5e8fe74c923899e97c9754ba4bf9-d57aur7.jpg

9efacf8d7feaa19083aeb8bea1fce465-d57sipa.jpg

The main character, Su, I haven't given her a last name yet.

5962ee5b53706f42ddedb9eb734a4ed8-d57q5em.jpg

7c21c0e7658be056b16977d0643e8e2b-d59hixi.jpg

Designs for some of the BAD DUDES.

1803df302ba5031e863e8ab49664723a-d57siks.jpg

Then I made this because I thought it was kinda cool.

Then here is some doodles.

ex_oh_by_endshark-d57qmup.jpg

^^ This one was done for a friend of his character. Didn't take me very long ^^

acc27e037e891751267d438168f3b550-d55wkpl.jpg

Luna 'cause I don't draw her anymore really lol.

Some tunes. Not sure which ones I posted here or not before but w/e. They're also not in order of how recent they are.

Scrapped Planet Wisp remix

WIP Boss Theme Thing

Instruments are all out of wack levels wise on this one because I'm nowhere near done it. Not sure when I'm going to get back to it though.

Dark Caverns BGM

Just something dumb I threw together one day that I liked.

Twilight Temple

I was playing a lot of Twilight Princess at the time and then I ended up making this track kinda inspired by the visuals of the twilight realm in that game. I ended up taking it in a different direction than what I had intended but I still like it anyway even if there isn't much to it.

Deep Sea (DEMO)

This track here I -really really- want to finish! I started it a couple months ago and never had time to go back to it, but it has a lot of potential. I really love the sounds that are in this one. It's just got this energy to it that I really enjoy.

Rain

I threw this one together in about an hour I think one night after I got home from work. I just sort of played around in ableton and made this thing that sounded kinda cool.

Alarm

I really like this track I think its wicked haha. I was making sort of like an 'intro boss' theme in ableton. Didn't start out that way. Anyway one of the VST's I was using I decided I was going to muck around with more than usual and started creating a bunch of my own presets by randomly messing around with the program. So it all started when I accidentally made that alarm noise in it and I was like HOLY COW THIS IS COOL. Then I kept making more presets and it all came together. The lead in the second bit isn't a custom preset, nor are the drums, but everything else is. I regularly use these presets in my stuff now (except the alarm lol)

Intro

Just some track I made one night randomly.

Now for some rockier/grungier stuff from an album I had started and stopped working on (which is pretty much the case with every single one lol). Had been listening to a lot of the album Naveed by Our Lady Peace to get me in this zone at the time, but I didn't copy that style exactly lol. Can't remember if I posted these or not so if I have then here they are again lol

"Atomic"

Kind of a slower riff on this one.

"Explode"

This one is more fast paced kinda punk-rockey in a way, I layered in quite a few different layers of guitars for this one to sound the way it does. I really like it though.

"Falling"

This was the first track I've recorded in years that used an acoustic guitar. I still need to add a lot more stuff to it. It's a bit different for me, this track, but I really like it too.

So yeah thats what I've been up to the last little bit I guess.

tumblr_m8ctnuPDT31r602juo1_1280.jpg

Pencil sketch from last night.

Gonna have to digitally ink this one. Since I had no idea what I was going to do last night (plus the paper in this sketchbook is very smudge-prone) meant that this is a total pain in the ass to clean up ;o;. So I might as well just re-ink it digitally. Pretty pleased with it overall though despite how much of a pain it was to clean up. Done with a mechanical pencil and shit last night before bed.

• 2 weeks later...