A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rawr makes music and the artz

Rawr

New music track as well as a dev blog now for the game.

Music Track - This track is a bit different than some of my other stuff, at least in my opinion. It has its similarities to my general style but this is a lot more frantic and isn't lead by a lead riff all throughout. I like that it even is a little mystical sounding at times.

Dev Blog

• Like 1

New track: The Sea of the Endless Sands

I didn't want to go 100% for the typical desert theme. I still wanna go back and play with the levels and stuff after but this will do for now. There is another copy of this song on my soundcloud which is the shittier first demo.

Its the level theme to go with the boss theme above.

• 2 months later...

Some random concepts for something maybe? IDK. I just like drawing concepts.

sketchdump_by_endshark-d7el83a.jpg

Bigger version of the turnaround + eyelian:

tumblr_n41yumiADs1qlnz6fo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n421efJdxU1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

Music tracks as well:

Random Track I've been working on: WIP 1, WIP 2, WIP3 (almost final with FMDRIVE instruments now)
FMDRIVE TEST

Scrapped Track

Some guitar tracks since I haven't done those in ages:

Devil's March V2
Engage

Guitar Riff test.

• Like 2

Everyone's been comparing these characters to almost everything I haven't played/watched. I've also gotten League of Legends and Ultraman comments and neither of which I have never given any of my attention to haha. Thanks dude!

• 2 weeks later...

mm03shadowwomanendshark_by_endshark-d7gj

There is a Mega Man Gender Swap collab going on through tumblr/twitter and who am I to say no to drawing robo girls.

I picked Shadow Man 'cause I thought I'd have a lot of fun with the design, and I sure did. Incorporated elements of the Classic and EXE incarnations and then hid in a few nods to my other characters and made it my own. Really thrilled with the end result.

• 2 weeks later...

Released a free 3 track thing. The title track, Melancholy is a track I highly enjoyed making and I love the end result.

Anyway also some shit:

tumblr_n551icMJwk1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n551icMJwk1qlnz6fo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n551icMJwk1qlnz6fo3_1280.jpg

Revised:
tumblr_n5i0gwVqv71qlnz6fo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5i0gwVqv71qlnz6fo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5i0gwVqv71qlnz6fo1_1280.png

tumblr_n5i0gwVqv71qlnz6fo3_1280.png

Gonna start the mockup probably all over from scratch. Not 100% fond of all of it, a lot of it I'd like to re-work - but we'll see. The second mockup progress was after I had already said "fuck this" once already so who knows I might go back to it again hah.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

really rough early demo of a boss theme (it needs a lot of cleaning up since some parts are messy/cluttered). I might also change some instruments too. But its a solid direction/start at any rate.

and an even rougher one I threw together one night.

and a non videogame 90s rock inspired jam I've been kicking around.

no visual art though to post I've been on a music kick in between work lately 'cause I've been in and out of downer mode.

• Like 1

Haha thanks dude, the only thing is I don't actually have a game. I just tend to make up loads of concepts, but no game to go with it. I don't really have the time to dedicate to putting together one right now. I've been working a lot of hours at my day job and my days off have been filled lately with other stuff to do :/.

Yeah we were, but life + some other complications sort of got in the way on that for now between the three of us (a bit of a brief inner team 'fight' so to speak) - so I'm just kinda doing my own thing in the meantime.

Edited by Rawr

I do plan on making some animations actually once I revise the sprite! I did get some awesome feedback on the sprites previously mentioned by my buddy (pietepiet, he is rad at this sorta thing for seriousssss) so I need to just tweak some things before I can move further on the sprites.

tumblr_n6kz4d3Ap31qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

no logo:

tumblr_n6kz4d3Ap31qlnz6fo2_1280.jpg

just a wip of a book cover for an art book I wanna compile over the course of this year. I dug into the characters I’ve made over the last few years for the cover here - a lot of BDB representation in the bottom left corner. Also characters from the 30 day challenge I failed at I threw in (Marina, Reiner, Techno Grandma and Karma). Ladybug girl I haven’t named from a concept a little while ago - Pyro and Simon from Wonderland (Priscilla wouldn’t fit). Aysel and Dmitri are also in the bottom and then the Eyelian that I did recently is in there as well. Nima is my ‘mascot’ so to speak so she is front and center.

Poor Karma gets covered by the logo there, but I figure I’ll have the illustration on the inside as well without the logo. Thinking the art book will be composed of some comic stuff, some illustrations, and concepts/designs. It’s a lot easier than me committing to one huge project right now so by doing small pieces of multiple ones I can pool them together to make something big. Most of it is ‘cause I don’t have the time to properly dedicate to the bigger ideas in my head right now.
I am gonna really try to stay productive on my art and get that flame going again.

edit: Oh and in case anyone missed it I finished that boss theme.