A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rawr makes music and the artz

Rawr

One more before bed and a copy paste description from tumblr 'cause I'm tired:

tumblr_n759lmZGZY1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

"In theory this is how it would work - the character is able to summon up different weapons (the default being the two guns in the earlier pic). So up on the HUD there are 4 icons - the icons each represent a different weapon/power up. They would theoretically be able to be cycled through with L or R or something. Anyway the other three are in grey as they have no ammo. When you get a power up in the level to enable their use you can switch to them and the icon will shift to be orange. Whatever weapon’s icon is orange (aka: the one you selected) it will correspond with the orange bar underneath the green health bar telling you the ammo you have left in that power up. Default shot never runs out of ammo. I’m probably doing an awful job at explaining it.

Anyway tossing around ideas for the different shots. So the default is a machine gun fire, the one beside it is like a heavier shot that can pierce through enemies. The third one is the classic spread shot and the last is a bomb/grenade type shot. I’m kicking around the idea of having each power up being a different weapon, or i’m gonna just have the default gun gain a new attachment by way of the hammerspace whenever you switch. Not 100% sure yet where I’m going with all these ideas yet but that’s why its still in a concept phase."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been having a really shitty time drawing lately so I decided to draw a pic of Walter White 'cause Breaking Bad is awesome.

tumblr_n8l1y0WVRw1qlnz6fo1_500.jpg

I did use a pic for reference. As a sketch I'm not 100% satisfied with it but it could be worse. I feel rusty as shit these days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been working on a follow up album to this little release.

So here is a demo of one of the tracks I am working on called Funeral Party - it is still very much in a conceptual phase and has a lot left to go on it. Pretty much all the guitar bits in here will be re-recorded at some point when I get new strings. There is another song called Hello that I had a small demo up for but I haven't worked on it in a bit.

This was a track I think I'm gonna scrap.

This was just a little jam, I might use it on the follow up release somewhere.

Did anyone mention that your artstyle very much resembles Gurren Lagann & Kill la Kill's artstyle?

Very impressive drawings and music, dude. Keep it up.

(EDIT: Yeah, I typed this before looking at the Gamagoori drawing. Still, very impressive.)

Edited by AnOrdinarySonicFan
  • Like 1

Here comes a post of all kinds of not my art, but its worth sharing anyway.

Yeah I'm hugely inspired by the works of Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren Lagann, Kill La Kill):

tumblr_ms9hi98yuU1rl3tlpo1_500.jpg

Takeshi Koike (not sure if this specific frame was drawn by him, but its hard to find just stills of his art on the net lol - but this was the movie he made called Redline):

redline2.jpg

As well as Toru Nakayama (best known from the Mega Man Zero series, though I have no idea what this image is from other than he drew it and its RAD AS FUCK):

moe27075sample.jpg

Non japanese influences include the likes of :

Joe Madureira:

fcd6908fd4397cec-JoeMadureira_first02.jp

James Stokoe:

stokoe-spidernam-04.jpg

And more I'm probably forgetting.

I've got elements of each in my style, or at least some of the styles I've used at SOME POINT or another. Looking at my work from 2011 to my work now I lean a lot more now towards the Gainax/Studio Trigger sort of style than I did back then. But all of the people I've posted here you can find bits of each in my work.

• Like 1

So I'm working on a follow up album to the one I made before (called Melancholy - which you can listen to and download for free right here)

The album is tentatively called Funeral (though that is likely to be the final title). Here is a demo for the first track of the album called Welcome.