A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Unleashed

well not entirely Damizean. Were-Sonic we knew about from forever ago, and the gameplay doesn't exactly look like the same old either.

As for hope hitting the ground, speak for yourself, haha. I'm stilll looking forward to it.

edit@rael: Emo Rock music? Since when was Bowling for Soup an emo rock band? Sounds more like pop rock to me.

Meh, to each his own. I don't care if Sega creates fast-paced or hyperfast-paced games anymore, cause I like both.

EDIT: I forgot, but was there any news regarding the appearance of sonic's posse? Not as playable (or even important) characters, but characters you can meet and such?

Guest Shadix

Bowling For Soup? :(

Anyways, I must ask all of you, based on what we've seen now of Werewolf Sonic's gameplay... WHY ON EARTH COULDN'T THEY HAVE JUST MADE KNUCKLES PLAYABLE INSTEAD OF TOYING WITH A RETARDED OVERUSED PLOT DEVICE. :(

Well... It looks pretty.

All joking aside, It looks pretty decent. The graphics are a major plus factor, but the gameplay seems average. It seems like they just tweeked the SatSR engine and made it a tad better and a lot faster, what with having to press buttons to for sonic to react fast enough. (although too fast from the looks of it, this game looks like you have to put your reflexes to the ultimate test.) And were-sonic seems... sluggish. nuff said.

Average score in the future for you sonic. Or I could be wrong and it could suck, or I could be double wrong and it could be awesome.

I can't judge anything really by that video... It doesn't show anything at all...

Looks like SEGA finally learned how to render decent graphics...

But why should I care anyway? I'll wait for the game to be released, and wait for some reviews or something...

That is if I still care about it if Starcraft 2 is released...

"and the gameplay doesn't exactly look like the same old either."

You're right: instead of just Sonic Rush-inspired or Secret Rings/Heroes-inspired gameplay, it's a mixture of all with some of the same mistakes. Not exactly the same at all.

Shadix: I thought the same thing when I was watching those parts.

SSBFalcon: ..Really, dude? There's both Sonic and WereSonic gameplay, and at least either two different levels or night/day versions of the same level, plus mach speed sections, 2D sections, and 3D sections. Not sure what more you're expecting but that's a good deal of content- everything but the adventure fields.

Saddened, but not surprised.

Looks like another polarising game then. I'll contend that those that show such utter disgust towards Sonic Unleashed are just being super elitist and refusing to enjoy the game for what it is, instead of hating it for what it isnt. Those same people will probably just say that I have a crappy taste in games. Either way, this is gonna sell quite alot.

Seriously, I'm not going to rage at anything Sega makes until they turn around and make Shenmue 3 the crappiest game known to man. I'll find the good in anything else they make. That said...I see alot of good in Sonic Unleashed already. It just caters to the kind of audience that SFGHQ just isn't made of.

note that this is not a criticism of anyone at all. Just felt I should make that clear.