A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Unleashed

The other thread was a massive failure because everyone, including myself, either bitched about the game or bitched about bitching. If I see any fighting/bitching/bashing, it's gone and the user will receive an infraction. In fact, any post that's not related to Sonic Unleashed in some way will be deleted.

I dug up the recent gameplay video here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14242719/sonic-unleashed/videos/sonic_unleased_trailer_061608.html;jsessionid=4png1mrir12jp

This is SFGHQ's last try for this game. If it doesn't work, then we're prohibiting discussion about this game until its release. Don't screw up.

The werewolf thing is still bugging me. I want SEGA to get that out of the way already. I honestly wouldn't mind playing that video. It looks fairly fun, if at least fun to watch. However I also want to see some stuff from the Wii/PS2 version, since thats probably what I'll be stuck with for awhile.

It looks really nice... If not fun just to watch...

Even though it might not be Classic Sonic, if they keep it simple, and get the controls in such a way that it's not frustrating... And avoid Sonic Adventure Crappy Camera Angles... They just might have a great game on their hands...

Granted, it might not be the Sonic game we want, but it could be a step in the right direction...

I suppose, but I'm not sure how having Tails and Knuckles would be any different than playing as Sonic given the way the levels are designed. None of their unique abilities would do all that much. Unless they had their own levels but umm..

Tails always had his own routes, and so did Knuckles. Hell, I even remember some things in Sonic 2 that only Knuckles could get to.

Tails always had his own routes, and so did Knuckles. Hell, I even remember some things in Sonic 2 that only Knuckles could get to.

You sure? There were some tricks that you could use to get some places that you originally didn't think you could... Kinda like that Chemcial Plant Act 2 secret route to the end...

I'd love to know where they were if that is the case...

I still wonder if other characters will be playable. A Sonic, Tails, Knuckles game for once would be awesome.

I'd say I prefer to be an only sonic game, unless other characters are slow and have alternate routes. Maybe they can convine speed gameplay with sonic and old gameplay with knuckles -I dont mind about tails-

But actually, as far as I know, it is harder to make levels for multiple characters, and having different levels for each character never looked like the right option. More like Sonic adventure, but changing the "Find the emerald shards" by a simple "old school gameplay for Knuckles". Then I will probably buy this game :o.

I must admit that the video looks really good. The level is obviously designed for Sonic alone, so if they do add other characters, it will probably be different levels. I personally hope they add Sonic as the only playable character, but I wouldn't mind Tails and Knuckles. I'm curious as to how the werewolf thing works...

"Tails always had his own routes, and so did Knuckles. Hell, I even remember some things in Sonic 2 that only Knuckles could get to."

What are you on about? Knuckles had his own routes in the old games, sure, but Tails pretty much had the same route as Sonic but played them differently. Either way, I'm not sure how something in Sonic 2 has any effect on my statement about the level design in this game not seeming to work for that.

Long as the game has Chao Garden. It's really the only thing that added a HUGE replay value to SA1 & SA2.

Shit, I'm gonna go buy another GC controller just to play in Chao Garden.(Even though it does start to get boring once you've evolved every type of chao and know the limitations of it.) Now's your chance to add something new and exciting sonic team!

or better yet, these people

# Lead Chao Programmer: Yoshihisa Hashimoto

# Chao Programmer: Takaaki Saito

# Lead Chao Artist / Chao Director: Sachiko Kawamura

# Chao Artists: Kazuko Ito, Makoto Yonezu

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was where the chao garden really shined, my friend and I would spend entire weekends together raising chao, trying to raise certain stats, racing them against each other, etc.

I'm getting this game regardless of the gameplay if they include an improved chao garden.

fuck the chao garden

I wasted hours inbredding those blob freaks just to get all emblems. Never again.

And back to SU, it does looks delicious graphics wise despite the obvious popup issues, and hey, so far there's no guns and vehicles and retarded storylines that involve lame fancharacters. So far. Well, there's weresonic but I *could* withstand the pain if Eggy gets the sexy villain spot again :/

Taking a wait and see approach for the gameplay until they release the eventual demo.

Btw, I don't get the criticism at this stage. Maybe that'll change in the future, but right now this is probably the most promising 3D Sonic game we've seen in a while. Which isn't saying much but, uh, it looks fun. That's good.

lol wut

1. Unleashed will ship on four platforms: Wii, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The big difference between them: The 360 and PS3 versions (in addition to their superior graphics) will feature nine levels; the Wii and PS2 will have only a paltry seven, and much crappier graphics.

2. The Sonic Bit Players will sit this one out: Tails, Shadow and Amy Rose are all benched, we were told. While you might get glimpses of them during cut scenes, the game's developers have decided to focus only on Sonic this time around. Crispy G. says: Very wise, Sega.

3. The game's engine -- called -- no kidding -- the Hedgehog Engine -- was built from scratch solely for this game. Get this: Sonic can move at real-world speeds of up to 300 miles per hour. And the levels? They're massive, with the smallest being six miles in length. While the sense of speed is truly impressive, the engine is clearly a work in progress. Translation: The action occasionally hiccupped more than grandpa does when he gets into the holiday schnaaps.

4. There will be no interspecies romance in this one. We repeat: THERE WILL BE NO MORE INTERSPECIES ROMANCE. If you're disappointed in that fact, then you should check your watch, because you're probably due back at the asylum by now.

5. Homing attacks are preserved from the previous 3-D versions of Sonic, but mostly what you'll be doing is running really fast, making split-second decisions (each level has multiple pathways), and then running really fast some more. In other words: This is classic Sonic.

"...then running really fast some more. In other words: This is classic Sonic. "

Lawl. I'll never understand for the life of me, why people associate constant running with the old Sonic games. They're so much more than that. Then again, that entire article seemed to contradict itself:

"Sonic can move at real-world speeds of up to 300 miles per hour. And the levels? They're massive, with the smallest being six miles in length."

Granted, he probably only moves 300m/hr in the mach speed sections, but 6 miles at that pace isn't really massive at all.