A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Shadow The Hedgehog 2 - SAGE'09 Demo!

Cstyler

alright, the fact you can't see half the screen for that boss battle isn't a particularly good idea.

It's not a boss.

for the chaos control i would suggest not having shadow inverted to help show that he isn't affected by the slow down

I faced a problem with it. Trees and some bushes are in front of Shadow. If Shadow is in front of inverted layer, trees are in front too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, that song sounds really familiar. What band is that =D?

Anyway, looking real good so far but as stated the enemies need something a little more to do. I also noticed, and maybe it is just the video, moments where the sprite animations seemed...'slow'. Not sure how to really explain it. Maybe choppy would be a better word? That being said the level graphics look really cool and I like the HUD you have.

• 2 weeks later...
Why is it all of the themes you go for are dark and gloomy? I don't think the stye matches, it needs more veriety.

Well, you want to see zones similar to Green Hill, etc?

btw, I have one level that will not appear in final version. Here it is:

ca3d2b40d3e6239a33588cacaa53ffdd.png174aa2c152cf550512fcf25915712046.png

I played the demo/beta link from the opening post and one thing I want to say is make the aliens move around a little or shoot at you because right now they just stand still and do nothing, just having them move around and attack you would add some playablilty quite easily.

Also nothing wrong using the sonic worlds engine, it's there to help fan gamers with lot's of mmf knowledge or not, be kind people.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thoroughly enjoyable little demo. Main criticisms being the lack of bounce when jumping on enemies, the enemies' death animation which isn't anything like the enemies when they are alive and the fact that nothing really attacks you. Otherwise a solid little action game.

Is there going to be any weapons to use like in the original Shadow the Hedgehog? Blazefire made a nifty demo similar to what you are trying to achieve now. It is somewhat more tounge-in-cheek but it should interest you: http://fanmade.emulationzone.org/blazefire/index.php?content=game-shadow