A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Shadow The Hedgehog 2 - SAGE'09 Demo!

Cstyler

Hi there.

Title of game doesn't mean that it's a 2D-copy of real "ShTH".

Number 2 means that it's continuation.

I don't want (and I'm not able) to make HYPERSUPER-ENGINE with Chaos Blasts, Fight System, Weapons, etc.. I took 'Sonic-Worlds' base engine.

I just have really nice idea for continuation, and I want to realize it.

Screenshots are here:

http://shth2.ucoz.ru/photo/1

old demo!

NEW SPECIAL SAGE'09 DEMO

5bfc4966876a.png

Comments would be nice.

Not much to comment on. It's just Sonic Worlds with sprite swaps and some grungy emo music. Graphics feel repetitive and just slicing tiles to make hills and ramps the way you did feels cheap.

Okay, I'll try to make better tiles. Thanks for remark.

And that music is taken from 'Prince Of Persia Warrior Within' C:

Well all I could say that it's nice.

Oh thanks =D

you should have put some kind of message there.

I have no problem with the graphics or anything. I think they are great, you've done well enough with them.

My gripe is your horrible level design. you put enemies in the stupidest places, and it really makes the game unfun.

Not much to comment on. It's just Sonic Worlds with sprite swaps and some grungy emo music.

People have been doing that for ages without the help of Sonic Worlds. I think with how many people using it today, theres really no need to point it out anymore.

I personally don't think the use of the Metal Slug aliens is that bad, although I'd recommend a pallete tweak so they blend better with the Advanced/Battle style.

Also, if Shadow is going to be fighting aliens, I'd recommend changing the enemy death sound from the traditional "Boowm!" to something like "BLLERRRAGGHH!!! *gush* *splatter*"

Well the cut-scene at the beginning looks pretty good.

As for the gameplay, its not any different from the Worlds Engine. The graphics are outstanding though from my P.O.V. Just try and add more abilities and attacks for Shadow, and try and find another alien sprite, because that one doesn't seem like it suits the game too much. Great start though!

This is my favorite project on these boards right now...

Why's that?

Because it has the most potential to actually be finished, he isn't promising 15 playable characters, online play (lulz), and 16 unique storylines.

The KISS principle... and I love it.

I wish you good luck sir. :)

Because it has the most potential to actually be finished, he isn't promising 15 playable characters, online play (lulz), and 16 unique storylines.

Psst... That's the only way to tell for sure if a game will be finished or not just by the description. : p

No, this time it's the damn green aliens from Metal Slug.

They will be replaced soon!! :D

...and are those damn black aliens back again?

Yep, but I have awesome plot for this project. And sorry, I can't tell you about storyline right now.

My good friend, Rootman, has thought up cool plot, that continues events in original 'Shadow the hedgehog'

I wish you good luck sir. :)

Thank you! ^_^