A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Shadow The Hedgehog 2 - SAGE'09 Demo!

Cstyler

I think it happened what i was thinking. It is going to be hard for you to keep the gfx level. Those new screenies are not of the quality of the first ones. I am not saying they are bad, instead i think they are so cool, but first ones are of a much better graphic quality, and mixing them together doesnt fit, in my view point.

• 4 weeks later...
I ripped them from "Jurrasic Park" (genesis) :P

Not helping. I think gameplay wise, this is fun. But I always feel sad when I see other backgrounds from other non-Sonic games. Don't ask me why, I just feel it cheapens it a bit.

Hate me all you want, I just think sticking to one genre would increase the quality in this instance, especially if it's going to be a non-sonic rip. Stick with one style and have a go there. Swapping between advance style graphics and early genesis ones isn't helping.

Well, I agree with you. But I think you forgot, that I'm making Shadow The hedgehog game, not Sonic-game. I want to make a more dark and realistic atmosphere. And sprites from non-Sonic games helps me on my way.

By the way, there are new screenies:

90b64a4d1230126dad8ef792f9894dd5.png62564def710355065afaf95000a8f995.png

Not helping. I think gameplay wise, this is fun. But I always feel sad when I see other backgrounds from other non-Sonic games. Don't ask me why, I just feel it cheapens it a bit.

Hate me all you want, I just think sticking to one genre would increase the quality in this instance, especially if it's going to be a non-sonic rip. Stick with one style and have a go there. Swapping between advance style graphics and early genesis ones isn't helping.

If its acceptable, i see no problem with it. In fact, i encourage it. Playing so many fangames, you get tired of seeing the same shit all the time, ya kno?

• 2 weeks later...

You need to decide which type of floor you're going to use, because as it stands you're inconsistently using three types, which I'll just describe as "Streets of Rage," "Metal Slug," and "Sonic." Essentially, each one implies a different degree of depth and perspective, with Streets of Rage having the most angled degree of perspective and greatest sense of depth, and Sonic having no sense of depth, with a basically flat angle. Metal Slug, I would say, sits comfortably between the two, and I think would work best for your game.

Let me know if you don't quite get what I'm saying.