A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Shadow The Hedgehog 2 - SAGE'09 Demo!

Cstyler

My good friend, Rootman, has thought up cool plot, that continues events in original 'Shadow the hedgehog'

That's like making a Batman movie that continues the events of Batman & Robin. I think many people, in this community at least, found the story to be annoying in that game.

Perhaps a very loose continuation of events, ala The Incredible Hulk, would be more appropriate.

It's you call, though.

So... You going to add guns and vehicles to this game?

No.

Read first post..

I don't want (and I'm not able) to make HYPERSUPER-ENGINE with Chaos Blasts, Fight System, Weapons, etc.. I took 'Sonic-Worlds' base engine.

Cstyler, where did you get the graphics from?

Some sprites I rip from Contra, some sprites I get from Metal Slug, some sprites I get from various spritelists, some sprites I make by myself..

is there going to be AI players following shadow.

No.

• 2 weeks later...

It's looking pretty interesting right now. Only thing that stands out in my mind to mention from those screenshots is that the light blue car needs to be a bit less saturated. Nothing big though.

Good luck with your project; hope things work out well for you.

First the Metal Slug zombie things, and now Space Pirates? Blarg, that's a whole lot of mixing you've got there. Also, those are Super Metroid Pirates, you don't want to mix 16 bit graphics with 32 bitness.

I know it's an early demo, but I might as well point out that the Pirates still have the zombie-mushroom death animation, and you should have them do something besides just sit there and breath.

First the Metal Slug zombie things, and now Space Pirates? Blarg, that's a whole lot of mixing you've got there. Also, those are Super Metroid Pirates, you don't want to mix 16 bit graphics with 32 bitness.

I know it's an early demo, but I might as well point out that the Pirates still have the zombie-mushroom death animation, and you should have them do something besides just sit there and breath.

Thank you for comment, Dragon!

Of course, I'll add more actions and animations to enemies. In this demo I did the basic emphasis on level design and sprites. Isn't that beautiful?

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yeah, Contra Hard Corps. I am loving the detail.. The debris in the sky, the car falling over the side, comets hitting the ground, shooting in the streets.. The flatness of the level is the only serious problem for me. Still, cool game! I am looking forward to more updates..