A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Discussion Thread

ila

Wrong, it's about Sora's potential as a character in BRAWL, the topic at hand, with somehow a minidiscussion of KH2's quality coming in.

Funny how this all resulted from Sereph talking out of his ass... All it took was one sentence.

Disney is a whore with its characters so Sora won't be in. Didn't know about sora except for him being mentioned on Pixeltendo, and me looking it up. so, not a big character.

*Prays for an epic update*

That my friend, is called deductive reasoning. Just because YOU didn't know who Sora was does not mean he isn't a big character.

Disney is a whore with its characters so Sora won't be in. Didn't know about sora except for him being mentioned on Pixeltendo, and me looking it up. so, not a big character.

*Prays for an epic update*

Well, let's forget for a moment that (the reason I think anyway) Sora wouldn't be included because the only Nintendo console he's been on has been the DS, and his MAJOR game was on the Playstation.

Sora won't be in it because it would be a bitch to both go through the insane amount of paper work that would probably be involved in getting permission from Disney to use him, and the huge cost Disney would probably slap on him to even use. And honestly, if Donald and Goofy, at least, can't be in the game as an assist trophy (and if Sora would be hard enough to get as I think, then Donald and Goofy would be impossible), then I really don't see any reason for Sora to be in.

Basically, even if Kingdom Hearts WAS on say, the Gamecube instead of the PS2, I think it would be TOO hard and expensive to get permission from Disney to use him, even if Square would be all for it.

Also Sora is the main character in Kingdom Hearts. To say he's not a big character is just wrong.

He was? As I remember it, SMRPG didn't have enough Geno story to give him any character beyond "I'm some guy from above who's helping you." As such I have no particular interest in seeing Geno in SSBB other than the fact that his move-set wouldn't be completely standard.

Also, looking at Geno's wikipedia article, I have to think if Geno is a completely Squaresoft (now SquareEnix)-owned liscence then Disney probably has no ownership of Sora, et al. Not that I'd like to see Sora in SSBB, either.

Edit: Spectator mode seems kinda interesting. Watch random people fight over the interweb if you have nothing better to do.

Also, looking at Geno's wikipedia article, I have to think if Geno is a completely Squaresoft (now SquareEnix)-owned liscence then Disney probably has no ownership of Sora, et al. Not that I'd like to see Sora in SSBB, either.

I think Disney makes too much money off the KH series to let Square have total control of anything.

I love the hell out of Disney, but I can't deny that they care about one thing overall anymore, and that's money.

also yay betting on spectator mode or something?

It WOULD be interesting, if you could see the names of the net players, or perhaps even just the country.

Nintendo's lack of internet content because their scared of someone being offended really urks me.

It's REALLY frustrating. They could at least include voice chat. I love Nintendo but man do they suck at the online stuff. C'mon Nintendo, take some pointers from Microsoft!

He was? As I remember it, SMRPG didn't have enough Geno story to give him any character beyond "I'm some guy from above who's helping you." As such I have no particular interest in seeing Geno in SSBB other than the fact that his move-set wouldn't be completely standard.

Edit: Spectator mode seems kinda interesting. Watch random people fight over the interweb if you have nothing better to do.

You seem to remember poorly. There is another Square character on your team that harbors a personality and growth. Geno never expresses anything beyond a will to do his job.

You seem to remember poorly. There is another Square character on your team that harbors a personality and growth. Geno never expresses anything beyond a will to do his job.

That's why I said "Geno Story." There's certainly enough Mallow story to turn him into a character.