A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Discussion Thread

ila

GA? Megaman can use the all mighty power of Georgia?

And yeah, handicap was screwed up before. When you used it, it would cause someone to be so dense that they wouldn't respond normally to attacks. All it really did was screw up how you play. This is much better.... regardless of how rarely I use handicap.

It would make your character stronger/weaker and heavier/lighter, depending on it.

All it did was further multiply or divide your damage ratio.

Although if the Handicap feature works with Stamina as well (being able to set the HP of each person indivisually), then this update is among my FAVROITES.

Ive been waiting to be able to make multiplayer epic matches with like 3 of my friends normal vs. Me with infinite Metal, Huge, and like 999 HP. It also makes playing alone alot more fun.

I think he means the Nova Strike, at least I think (The dash attack with R2)

Yeah... haha. I forgot what it was called, I thought "Giga Attack" would've been implied, guess I was mistaken.

Chances of another 3rd party character that will really make fanboys scream for joy is unlikely. I think we were extremely lucky to get characters such as Snake and Sonic. The third one (If they do indeed have one) will probably be some lame japan-only game we won't care about.

Chances of another 3rd party character that will really make fanboys scream for joy is unlikely. I think we were extremely lucky to get characters such as Snake and Sonic. The third one (If they do indeed have one) will probably be some lame japan-only game we won't care about.

this is smash bros man, people will do anything to have their character in smash, what are you smoking?

This week is shaping up to be a lame one in terms of new crap, I guess I'll walk away happy with the meta knight remix :D

Sora, generic spiky haired dogooder teenager from Kingdom Hearts?

Personally I only really hate him by proxy, since hes in Kingdom Hearts II, which DeviantArt in turn ruined for me to the point of never playing it. Also reminds me too much of Chris Thorndyke.

Edit: as for Brawl there's the issue of third-party licensing. Yes, we know, Sega + Sonic and Konami + Snake. But Disney and Square Enix would have to both say yes in order to get Sora in. Plus... whats the point? He really hasn't contributed anything of any importance to the Nintendo consoles. Snake gets in via Twin Snakes and the GBC and NES Metal Gears, and even then Kojima asked for special permission. Sonic gets in with the Gamecube and Game Boy Advance games, plus being Mario's rival for several years.

Sora has... what... Chains of Memories? And so far thats it, upcoming DS game be damned?

Personally I only really hate him by proxy, since hes in Kingdom Hearts II, which DeviantArt in turn ruined for me to the point of never playing it. Also reminds me too much of Chris Thorndyke.

A truly impressive job of shortchanging yourself. KH2 is such a good game.

Really? How much emphasis is placed on the Disney factor of the series?

Its sort of half and half. KH1 was somewhat cutesy and had disney characters left and right.

KHII has a better mixture of both Enix characters (Enix being somewhat dominate due to Organization XIII) and disney characeters with a more dark feel

Wow whats wrong with Sora? I think he would be an awesome character to play as, espically in something like brawl.

I dont really care anyway. They put sonic on, so i could give a damn less who they forget to implement anymore.

It's not so much that there is something wrong with Sora, it's more like there is something wrong with your reasoning as though there's actually some sort of chance of him getting. I SUPPOSE, although, that it is possible that since CoM was a DS game, that he is eligible to be in Brawl, however I don't think any of the special appearances thus far have been from franchises that decided to release a spinoff on the GBA for quick cash.

If Square contributed anything we might see something from FF3 DS or Pre-Playstation FF.

--

Its sort of half and half. KH1 was somewhat cutesy and had disney characters left and right.

KHII has a better mixture of both Enix characters (Enix being somewhat dominate due to Organization XIII) and disney characeters with a more dark feel

Not to be a prick but it is kind of necessary to say SE, Enix is a different company, and I don't recall any Enix franchises making cameos in KH2 either.

I do agree about the better mix though... although... That longass prelude almost made me forget there WERE disney characters. After Sora awakened all the Disney kinda flooded back and the FF kinda hit the backburner, which I thought was awesome until I got to Beasts Castle and forgot I was playing KH.