A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Discussion Thread

ila

And btw : theres slipping , getting launched, and she even has a kick that blantantly puts her legs at a 180 degree angle. And ive paused to take screenshots during 4 player brawls and have gotten random courtesy shots while cycling character cameras. Happened on Melee as well.

The lacework doesn't show up until you get right at her hips. There is not a single animation that you see it at unless you deliberately rotate the camera. A lot.

well dw, you have to wonder whether or not the detail in peach's lacework actually required that much effort.

Personally, if im going to make a model, im going to put detail everywhere. if that includes lacework on the underwear, then thats what im doing. I don't think that's perverted....what would be perverted would be if i made the panties as revealing as possible.

well dw, you have to wonder whether or not the detail in peach's lacework actually required that much effort.

Personally, if im going to make a model, im going to put detail everywhere. if that includes lacework on the underwear, then thats what im doing. I don't think that's perverted....what would be perverted would be if i made the panties as revealing as possible.

It's no more perverted for people to be looking at the model, almost always in a joking manner.

Guest Shadix
Sereph and DW derail a thread with a meaningless debate?

Inconceivable.

Is it really derailed though? They are still technically talking about SSBB, and this is the SSBB Discussion Thread.

Even if it is about them staring at peach's undergarments and qualifying the details. >.>

Every great fighting game of the past few generations has had unlockables in some fashion. Suggesting that fight games shouldn't have unlockables is plain retarded. I'm not going to hold it against him since he is just trying to be a funny guy, but really... don't pretend that unlockables are some kind of crime.

Guest Shadix
Sonic and Snake are on the box. They were in the trailer(s). And the manual. They were the biggest part of the fucking hype.

Unlocks are nice.

Unlocks are also meaningless if you already know about them months (or years, SNAKE) in advance.

...and the only reason you knew about them in advance is because you were one of the many (which is actually very small when you consider Brawl's entire consumer market) that have camped the dojo since its launch.

Believe it or not, hardcore nerds make up a lot smaller of a margin in the videogame market than you think. There was a significantly larger number of people who went "zomg Sonic and Snake are in brawl" after launch when they either unlocked them or saw them on the back of the box. Also, it's pretty retarded to say that was the games main hype either, as the game would've sold just as many copies and done just as well even if they hadn't put in the cameos.

I think knowing about the unlockables is irrelevant though. It's not any different than looking up unlockables on a cheat site, something almost everyone does at some point. In fact, in my case, knowing what the unlockable is gives me the motivation to achieve it. Having Sonic be one of the final unlocks was a ridiculously smart move design-wise, as quite frankily, it's something you want to work towards, and in order to have effective unlockables, you need that. (Example: Would you have even bothered collecting all the emblems in SA2 if it weren't for the GHZ unlock?)