A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic XG Is Here.

Sir Euan

Where's Felik to post the following?:

hey Euan u big dummie the story doesnt use da sonic 2 death egg. You hav 2 use the sonik & knuckles death egg or else da story doesnt work continuity ftw

Lol.

I don't make that much grammar mistakes.

Death egg was LARGE and it could have been made of many totally different sectors so there can be many different tiles used in it, even totally original

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but most of the levels seem to flow with a certain object shape:

[qimg]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2789/zomgshaperi9.png[/qimg]

Has anyone else noticed this? There seems to almost always be a certain spike or circular shape in the level art. Or is it just me.

Spike shaped? And you circle the TREES? Aren't all trees spike-shaped?

Wow, that's amazing! The concept of Eggman being circular instead of egg-shaped must have been intentional. That could be why you generally see him in the pod, except at maybe one part. Even the flowers had circles. Euan's really attentive, just like True Dude. You guys should recruit him to your team.

Just about everything in classic Sonic, even in the more-realistic Sonic 3&K environments, can be broken down into simple shapes (rectangles, circles, cylinders, triangles, hexagons, and the like). But, then again, so can Sir Euan's sunken ruins tiles.

I think the problem that it's a little too condensed in detail. Even though Sonic 3&K has very precise textured detail in some places (like Angel Island), usually the various "parts" of the tile are at least 32x32 pixels in size, where many of the sunken ruins one are 16x16 or 16x32-ish. You can find parts of Sonic levels that have such detail, but usually they're leveled out by some really big and simple stuff around it. That's what I see with it, anyway.